IP radar diagrams illustrate how different players are positioned along the value chain (materials, cells, modules and end applications). We illustrate correlations between different applications and specific capacitor types (EDLC - electric double-layer capacitor, symmetric and asymmetric hybrid capacitors) and where IP activity is moving.
In the technology stack analyses, we group patents around current or potential commercial products, such as EDLC cells with high temperature resistance' or asymmetric hybrid capacitors based on dry processed carbon electrodes'. For large companies with hundreds of patent filings, we identified up to 4 different technology stacks, allowing for the assessment of large patent portfolios in a well digestible format.
Findings are combined with market information to illustrate the competitive innovation position of each player.
IP radar diagrams and key patents are listed for 109 companies with links to the patent full text. 51 companies are described in more detail based on a technology stack analysis and with links to product description websites (if available).
Reasons to Buy
- This review provides energy storage professionals with an objective and future-looking basis to assess which companies will be innovation leaders in the future.
- Readers will understand which players will enjoy a competitive innovation advantage depending on two different scenarios: 1) EDLCs will dominate the market; 2) hybrid capacitors will dominate the market.
Key Topics Covered:
- List of 109 Companies with Highly Relevant Patent Families
- Classification According to Capacitor Type
- Classification According to Application Focus
- Correlations Between Capacitor Types and Applications
- Additional Material, Cell & Module Suppliers
- Strategic Discussion & Predictions
- Value Chain IP Radar Diagrams of 109 Companies
- Technology Stack Analyses of 51 Companies
- Links to Patent Families of 109 Companies
- List of Abbreviations
- Anhui Jiangwei
- Asahi Kasei
- Epson Seiko
- FAW Group
- Hitachi Chemical
- Hunan Nepuenergy
- JM Energy/JSR
- JX Nippon Oil & Energy
- Kuraray/Calgon Carbon
- LS Mtron
- Meidensha Electric
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills
- Murata Manufacturing
- Nanotek Instruments
- Nantong Jianghai
- Nippon Chemi-Con
- Nippon Zeon
- Robert Bosch
- Samwha Capacitor
- Shanghai Aowei
- Showa Denko
- State Grid Corp China
- Tianjin Lishen
- Tianjin Xiangchi Electronic
- Zhejiang Threete
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zr4hb4/supercapacitors?w=4