Jerry A. Davis, 56, has been appointed to President in addition to his current responsibilities as Chief Operating Officer (“COO”). Mr. Davis has served as Senior Vice President and COO since February, 2013. From 2007 to 2013, he served as Senior Vice President of Operations.
“Jerry has been with UDR for 28 years and served in many leadership rolls,” stated Tom Toomey, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) of UDR. “He and his team have made our operational platform the best in the business and he has guided our portfolio through numerous cycles. The added role of President is well deserved and I look forward to working closely with Jerry for many years to come.”
In addition, the Company announced the promotion of five key executives to the title of Senior Vice President.
1) H. Andrew Cantor, 49, has been promoted to Senior Vice President - Acquisitions and Dispositions after having served as Vice President - Acquisitions and Dispositions since 2011. Mr. Cantor has served in numerous roles at UDR, since joining the Company in 2009, including heading Investor Relations from 2009 to 2011. Mr. Cantor also contributed meaningfully to the Company’s entrance into the New York, NY and Boston, MA markets, its expansions in Seattle, WA, Southern California and the Bay Area, as well as the formation of its Developer Capital Program.
2) Matthew A. Cozad, 45, has been promoted to Senior Vice President - Corporate Services and Innovation after having served as Vice President - Corporate Services and Innovation since 2013. Mr. Cozad has served in a variety of operational roles since joining UDR in 2008 and has headed up many of the Company’s revenue and expense-related operating initiatives as well as its more recent Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) initiative.
3) Michael D. Lacy, 37, has been promoted to Senior Vice President - Property Operations after having served as Vice President - Property Operations since 2014. Mr. Lacy has served in a variety of operational roles since joining UDR in 2006 and has been instrumental in running the Company’s portfolio on a day-to-day basis and implementing many of the Company’s top-line operating initiatives.
4) Robert J. McCullough, 52, has been promoted to Senior Vice President - Development after having served as Vice President - Development since joining the Company from Archstone in 2013. Mr. McCullough has been directly responsible for many of the Company’s accretive developments over the past five years, including 345 Harrison Street in Boston, MA, 399 Fremont in San Francisco, CA and The Residences at Pacific City in Huntington Beach, CA.
5) David G. Thatcher, 52, has been promoted to Senior Vice President – General Counsel after having served as Vice President – General Counsel since joining the Company in 2015. Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Thatcher was partner at Snell & Wilmer LLP and at Morrison & Foerster LLP where he began representing the Company in 2001.
“These promotions speak to the breadth and depth of our managerial bench at UDR as we continue to plan for the future,” said Tom Toomey, Chairman and CEO. “Andrew, Matt, Mike, Bob and Dave know UDR well, have committed many years to the Company and, I believe, are the best at what they do. Their promotions are well deserved.”
About UDR, Inc.
UDR, Inc. (NYSE: UDR), an S&P 500 company, is a leading multifamily real estate investment trust with a demonstrated performance history of delivering superior and dependable returns by successfully managing, buying, selling, developing and redeveloping attractive real estate properties in targeted U.S. markets. As of September 30, 2018, UDR owned or had an ownership position in 49,464 apartment homes including 932 homes under development or in its Developer Capital Program – West Coast Development Joint Venture. For over 46 years, UDR has delivered long-term value to shareholders, the best standard of service to residents and the highest quality experience for associates.