JACKSONVILLE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Regency Centers Corporation (“Regency” or the “Company”), (NASDAQ:REG), the preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of shopping centers, has released its inaugural Corporate Responsibility Report. The report illustrates the Company’s approach to corporate responsibility and key environmental, social, and governance initiatives. The full report is available on Regency’s Corporate Responsibility site.
“Our values, including the critical importance that we place on corporate responsibility, have been and always will be the foundation of who we are and what we do,” said Martin E. “Hap” Stein, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “They shape and support our business. Looking forward, we are determined to distinguish ourselves by effectively employing our combination of unequaled strategic advantages to produce superior results that include positive impacts for a better tomorrow.”
This inaugural report highlights Regency’s commitment to its corporate responsibility pillars: People, Communities, Ethics and Governance and Environmental Stewardship.
Areas of focus include:
- A values-based culture that promotes employee engagement
- Employee wellness, health and safety, offering comprehensive benefits that have earned recognition such as Healthiest Employers Award and PLANSPONSOR Best in Class 401(k) Plan Award
- Employee training and continuing education opportunities for professional development
- Continued long-standing partnerships with national and local philanthropic organizations, including United Way and Habitat for Humanity, that promote betterment within the community
- Improving the communities in which Regency is engaged through more than $1 billion invested in developments and redevelopments over the last five years
- Regency’s Fresh Look® initiative, featuring outstanding merchants and thoughtful placemaking, connecting centers to their neighborhoods and further supporting Regency’s goal towards the betterment of the communities it serves
- Safety at Regency’s shopping centers supported by an in-house Property Management team, focusing on providing a safe and secure experience for customers and merchants
Ethics and Governance
- Unwavering ethical standards and business practices, fostered by 100% employee participation in Code of Business Conduct and Ethics training
- Best-in-class corporate governance, evidenced by a top ISS Governance Quality Score of 1
- Board diversity and refreshment to ensure the quality, dedication and chemistry of the Board continues to support the Company’s success
- Environmental Stewardship across Regency’s operating portfolio and development program, resulting in GRESB Green Star designation for the past three years
- Green building practices, evidenced by Regency’s delivery of more LEED-certified centers than any other retail developer in the U.S. between 2009 and 2017 as well as being the first U.S. REIT to issue a Green Bond
- Sustainable operating initiatives to minimize environmental impact at operating properties, achieving significant reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, and water use over the last six years
Regency’s Corporate Responsibility Report follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards framework. This report has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards Core option. The full report can be accessed on Regency’s Corporate Responsibility site.
About Regency Centers Corporation (NASDAQ: REG)
Regency Centers is the preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of shopping centers located in affluent and densely populated trade areas. Our portfolio includes thriving properties merchandised with highly productive grocers, restaurants, service providers, and best-in-class retailers that connect to their neighborhoods, communities, and customers. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency Centers is a qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) that is self-administered, self-managed, and an S&P 500 Index member. For more information, please visit regencycenters.com.