LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Tangent Agency, a fast-growing entertainment marketing and brand strategy agency, today announced a banner year of success: growing its business, staff and revenue. In just 3 years, Tangent has gone from working with only two studios, to collaborating with every major studio in Hollywood, top TV networks, gaming companies, streaming services and brands. Tangent provides integral support to filmmakers, partners and dealmakers, to help make the most of their valuable entertainment IP. Building off of their reputation of delivering best-in-class creative and strategic guidance, Tangent has solidified its place at the intersection of story-telling and story-selling in an ever-changing entertainment landscape.
“The Tangent Agency is my go-to partner,” said Marc Weinstock, former President of Marketing at Fox and Sony Pictures. “They’re great to work with and coming from the studio world, Tangent provides the perfect blend of creativity and strategy, no matter the project.”
Tangent 2018 milestones include:
- Client Experience – Tangent worked on 27 of the top 40 box office films of 2018 and more than 600 projects/properties since the company began, supporting industry leaders such as Warner Bros., Disney, Netflix, Universal, Fox, Sony, Paramount, DreamWorks, Focus, Annapurna, Amazon Studios, Legendary, STX, MGM, NBC and Blizzard, among others.
- Expanded Staff – Tangent nearly doubled its staff in 2018 to keep pace with the business demands, including key hires such as Art Directors, a Director of Brand Strategy and a Senior Project Director. This diverse team of experts brings insight and expertise from previous roles at top studios, agencies and lifestyle brands.
- Revenue Growth – Sales doubled in 2018, as Tangent broadens its services and expertise.
“We see the opportunity to build on our success by expanding our services, so that we can be consistent throughout the entire life-cycle of a project, across every department,” said Marc Becker, CEO of The Tangent Agency. “Because we see the big picture, Tangent is in a unique position to bridge the gap between siloes, streamline costs and limit the number of hand-offs. At the end of the day, our job is to elevate the campaigns we work on while making our clients’ lives easier.”
The company will be expanding its focus on data analytics while also launching several new divisions in 2019, as set forth below, staying ahead of trends and adding to its portfolio of services:
- Digital Division – In response to customer demand, Tangent will go from being strictly a creative agency in the digital space, to becoming a full service agency, adding media planning, ad trafficking, community management and campaign optimization.
- Direct to Consumer – In addition to the best-in-class strategy and creative materials that Tangent has always delivered, Tangent is growing its network of top talent, filmmakers and directors to build out its capabilities and touch the hearts and minds of consumers directly.
- Licensing Department – Ideal for influencers, digital games, television and brands looking for new revenue streams, business opportunities and lasting engagement, Tangent will now handle the full licensing life-cycle, from strategic planning and brand building, to deal-closing and retail program execution. Businesses and IP holders without a large in-house licensing team will be able to harness the same power that the big franchise properties draw from.
About The Tangent Agency
The Tangent Agency is an industry-leading marketing powerhouse working hand-in-hand with partners to fortify properties with innovative content and captivating creative, always built upon the foundation of insight-driven strategy. Tangent’s experience working with studios, brands, agencies, creatives and filmmakers provides the company with a unique perspective to see the big picture and bring big ideas to life. Recent Tangent projects include work promoting hit properties, franchises & brands such as “Wonder Woman,” “Jurassic World,” “Crazy Rich Asians,” “Despicable Me,” “Deadpool,” “Straight Outta Compton,” “Fast and Furious,” “Logan,” “First Man,” “Dunkirk,” “Spiderman,” “Overwatch,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Shark Tank,” “American Idol,” “Looney Toons,” “Lost In Space” and many more.
To learn more, please visit www.thetangentagency.com.