PHILADELPHIA & SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Comcast and Amazon today announced the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1, giving millions of people access to a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience that now features seamless access to award-winning Prime Video originals, thousands of premium shows, movies, and live events right alongside all of the live, on demand and web programming included with an Xfinity TV subscription.
“We are thrilled to give X1 customers access to Amazon Prime Video just in time for the holidays,” said Matt Strauss, Executive Vice President, Xfinity Services, Comcast Cable. “Prime Video is a fantastic extension of the programming choices available to our customers. By integrating hundreds of thousands of live and on demand choices from the best networks, studios and streaming services, our customers can instantly search, control and watch all of their entertainment in one place with their voice.”
X1 customers can now easily search Prime Video programming and enjoy exclusive Prime Originals including Homecoming with Julia Roberts, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Romanoffs, Goliath, Bosch, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour and a growing library of Prime Video programming in 4K Ultra HD and HDR. Whether catching up on currently airing series, diving into a Prime Original, or searching an entire genre of programming, customers can just say, “Watch The Americans,” ”Show me Sneaky Pete,” or “Find comedies” into the voice remote. Customers can also simply launch the Prime Video app by saying “Amazon Prime Video” into the voice remote, or by navigating to the X1 apps menu.
”Streaming Prime Originals is now easier than ever for our Prime members with X1,” said Greg Hart, Vice President of Amazon Prime Video. “The launch arrives just in time for Season 2 of Emmy-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Season 3 of The Grand Tour and holiday classics like It’s A Wonderful Life, which is now available exclusively on Prime Video.”
With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand including the most buzzed about Prime Originals like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Homecoming, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Man in the High Castle, Bosch, The Grand Tour, Catastrophe, Forever, The Big Sick and Manchester by the Sea along with Prime Kids Originals such as Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny, Pete The Cat, Tumble Leaf, Just Add Magic, Lost in Oz and The Stinky & Dirty Show. Customers can catch up on recent hits or relive timeless favorites including The Expanse, Downton Abbey, Suits,Vikings, Sons of Anarchy, The Americans, Victoria, House, Friday Night Lights, Monk, Spongebob Squarepants and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. In addition to the thousands of titles included with a Prime Video subscription, customers can access titles for rental or purchase, or choose from more than 150 Prime Video Channels to add to their video service, including Showtime and STARZ.
The Emmy-award winning X1 platform is now in a majority of Xfinity customers’ homes. For more information about X1, customers can visit www.xfinity.com/X1.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast Cable is one of the United States’ largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe's leading media and entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video content through its pay television services. It also provides communications services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports and entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content rights. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers an unmatched collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as Emmy-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle, Bosch, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 150+ channels like STARZ, Showtime, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV shows, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, game consoles or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.