NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Altice USA (NYSE:ATUS) today unveils its Altice One Operating System (OS) 2.0, an update to its Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform that adds enhanced mobility and more advanced features for customers, including the ability to watch Cloud DVR content on the go on the Altice One mobile app. OS 2.0 also brings Altice One customers access to the YouTube Kids app, the ability to use voice search on YouTube to discover videos, more 4K content for a vivid viewing experience, and live show restart on more than 20 additional networks.
Altice One, which is available to Altice USA’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers, is an all-in-one entertainment system that combines traditional television, broadband and streaming services into one simple experience. Altice One delivers live TV, DVR, On Demand, ultra high-speed broadband, whole home WiFi, streaming capabilities, 4K high-definition video, and home phone service in a sleek and compact home hub that replaces the traditional cable box, modem, and router.
“Altice One has transformed the way our customers connect to the content they love by simplifying their entertainment experience and providing expansive WiFi coverage to power their homes,” said Hakim Boubazine, Co-President and Chief Operating Officer, Altice USA. “OS 2.0 gives Altice One families new features to enjoy such as enhanced mobility with on-the-go Cloud DVR, more streaming apps, enhanced voice search, and more 4K content, and is just the latest update as we continue to evolve the Altice One experience for our customers.”
Key features of Altice One OS 2.0 include:
- Anytime, anywhere DVR viewing, with the ability to watch Cloud DVR Recordings On The Go using the Altice One mobile app
- Integration of the YouTube Kids App for family-friendly streaming
- More in 4K Ultra HD with the launch of Premier League soccer on Channel 200*
- Show Restart, the ability to restart live shows after they've already begun, on more than 20 additional channels including A&E, History Channel, Lifetime, Viceland, Fox News, Fox Sports 1, FX, National Geographic, and more*
- Remote Control Voice Search for the YouTube app
- All new News 12 app with improved access to award-winning hyper-local news and information*
In addition to the new features, Altice One offers Netflix, YouTube, and a dozen other streaming apps. The Altice One advanced Bluetooth voice activated remote ensures customers can search and find content quickly across a broad selection of entertainment options. The Altice One app delivers the same intuitive viewing experience on mobile devices, making it easy for customers to watch TV, On Demand and DVR content on the go.
About Altice USA
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million residential and business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
*Features available in Optimum service area only.