DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Hydropower Market - Analysis of Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
One of the greatest challenges for the nations across the world in the 21st century is ensuring the availability of low-carbon, affordable, and secure energy. Hydropower has been and can continue to be a substantial contributor toward meeting that challenge.
Although the hydropower industry exhibited significant growth over the past century, the factors that led to its historical growth rates are different than the contemporary opportunities and challenges being faced by the industry.
Continued efforts to lower costs, increase efficiencies, and incorporate the principles of environmental sustainability through technical innovation, are likely to determine the scale at which hydropower contributes to the energy mix of the future.
- Accelerating Growth in Renewable Sources of Energy
- Pumped Storage - Picking up Pace in the Market
- China - A Leader in the Hydropower Sector
Notable Developments in the Market
- Jan 2018: German engineering firm Voith Hydro upgraded two ageing hydropower plants (HPPs) in Sweden, by increasing their efficiency and making them more environmentally compatible. Following the revamp, the power production capacity of the Semla 4 plant in the municipality of Fagersta has increased by a third, to 15 GWh.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Global Hydropower Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
7. Global Hydropower Market Analysis - By Type
8. Global Hydropower Market Analysis - By Geography
9. Key Company Analysis
- Acciona SA
- Agder Energi AS
- Andritz Hydro
- BC Hydro and Power Authority
- Centrais Eltricas Brasileiras SA
- China Yangtze Power Co. Ltd.
- Duke Energy Corp.
- Voith Hydro
10. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bx9fsm/global_hydropower?w=4