The scope of the report covers the overview and clear understanding of the global market scenario of acetic acid and its derivatives and analysis of global market trends, with market data for 2017, considered as the base year, 2018 as the estimate year, and forecast for 2023 with projection of CAGR during 2018 to 2023. Market data in value and volume is provided at global and regional levels for all major derivatives and their applications.
Acetic acid, at present, is used widely in various industries, the major ones being the production of polymers, pharmaceuticals, as solvents, food additives, lubricants, soaps and detergents, agrochemicals, animal feed, textiles, plastics, lubricant, varnishes, resins, transparent adhesives, cosmetics, personal care products, coatings, rubber, and paint.
The global acetic acid market has grown significantly during the past few years and is expected to grow at a more rapid pace in the next five years, mainly driven by the growth of vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) in the food and beverage industry (food packaging, food preservatives).
The acetic acid market is also driven by the increasing demand for polyvinyl acetates and vinyl alcohols, which are accelerating the demand for acetic acid.
Increasing textile and packaging industries are one of the key drivers behind the strong growth of Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA); while budding coatings consumption is pushing the demand of ester solvents at a notable pace.
By derivative, the global acetic acid market is segmented into these categories: vinyl acetate monomer, purified terephthalic acid, acetate esters, acetic anhydride and monochloroacetic acid. Vinyl acetate monomer had the highest share in 2017. Acetic acid is the main feedstock to manufacture vinyl acetate monomer.
By region, the global acetic acid market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and the Rest of the World. In terms of value and volume, Asia-Pacific had the highest share in 2017. The dynamics of each region are different, with many industrial application production platforms having migrated from North America and Europe to Asia-Pacific countries, changing the consumption pattern and product flow in each region.
The report includes:
- An overview of the global market for acetic acid along with its derivatives market catering to different application segments
- Country specific data and analysis for China, India, Japan, Taiwan, France, Germany, UK, U.S., Brazil and South Africa
- Segmentation of the acetic acid derivatives market both in value and volumetric terms by end use applications and major geographical regions
- Elaboration of technological, regulatory, and economic trends that are affecting the acetic acid market
- An up-to-date analysis of recent developments and current global trends within the industry
- Discussion of competitive landscape which includes the key strategies adopted by the manufacturers and their comprehensive company profiles, including Bp Plc, Celanese Corp., Dowdupont Inc., Mitsubishi Chemical Corp., Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings B.V. and Saudi International Petrochemical Co. (SIPCHEM)
Key Topics Covered
2 Summary and Highlights
3 Industry Overview
4 Market Dynamics
5 Acetic Acid Market, by Derivative and Their Applications
6 Acetic Acid Market, by Region
7 Competitive Landscape
8 Company Profiles
- Ashok Alco-Chem Ltd. (AACL)
- BP Plc
- Celanese Corp.
- Chang Chun Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
- Daicel Corp.
- Dowdupont Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.
- Haohua Junhua Group Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Sopo (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd.
- Kanoria Chemicals and Industries Ltd.
- Kingboard Chemical Holdings Ltd.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
- Pentokey Organy (India) Ltd.
- Ridhdhi Sidhdhi Chemicals
- Saudi International Petrochemical Co. (Sipchem)
- Shandong Hualu-Hengsheng Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Thana Acid and Chemical Co.
- Yancheng City Chunzua Aroma Co. Ltd.
9 Appendix: List of Abbreviations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gdlc3h/acetic_acid?w=4