NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Making a difference in the lives of patients and the global community is in Medidata’s (NASDAQ:MDSO) DNA. The company’s ongoing corporate social responsibility (CSR) plan focuses on patient advocacy and research, STEM education, and the local and global community.
As part of Medidata’s mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people, employees donated 1,881 volunteer hours (YTD) supporting 15 organizations around the globe, including Points of Light and the Ronald McDonald House. The company also supported these recent global CSR initiatives:
- Jersey Cares - June 20: Over 110 Medidata employees volunteered to make care packages for children in treatment at the Jersey City Medical Center, our largest volunteer event to date.
- Global Health Repurposing Awards - June 26: Medidata was a 2018 Global Partner, and its Cures Within Reach project garnered a bronze award at the Corporate Engagement Awards in London.
- Hammersmith Sustainability Project - June 26: Near Medidata’s EMEA headquarters in London, the company provided funding for four new parklets which opened in June.
- All Star Code - July 9 - August 16: Medidata’s New York headquarters is hosting 20 students for All Star Code’s Summer Intensive, a free, six-week, selective program; All Star Code creates economic opportunities for motivated Black and Latino young men.
- First Descents - July 14: Medidata sponsored a Climbathon in San Francisco for First Descents, a non-profit that uses adventure as a form of rehabilitation for people between the ages of 18-32 who have undergone oncology treatment.
“Our mission to improve people’s lives goes beyond our business in the clinical and commercial space,” said Tarek Sherif, CEO and co-founder, Medidata. “These CSR initiatives reflect the values and spirit of our company. I’m proud of our employees’ commitment to investing their knowledge, skills, and experience for the betterment of communities around the world.”
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, with the world's most used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by the #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com