DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Surgical Scalpel Market to 2025 - Global Analysis and Forecasts by Product, Type, Material, End User and Geography" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The surgical scalpel market is estimated to account for US$ 759.4 Mn by the end of 2025, escalating at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2025, rising from US$ 575.9 Mn in 2017
The growth of the surgical scalpel market can be attributed to the technological developments in the field of surgical scalpels and rise in the number of surgical procedures. Many researchers and companies have developed innovative type of scalpels for surgical purposes. For example, in April 2016, David Oliva Uribe developed the smart scalpel in Brussels, Belgium, with a sensor-rich sphere at the tip, and instead of having the capability to cut people open, it can differentiate between cancerous tumors and normal brain tissue.
Strategic approaches by major players such as geographical expansions, new product launches, partnerships, and collaborations in the market also are expected to accelerate the market growth. For instance, in July, 2017, Hill Rom introduced New Line of Safety Surgical Instruments. The products launches in the global surgical scalpel market has been proved to be useful for the company's growth and has helped in strengthening the company's product offering.
North America is anticipated to hold significant share in the global surgical scalpel market, owing to factors such as, rising number of startups in the region as well as the implementation of safety norms in the United States and Canada. The demand for surgical scalpels is anticipated to increase at a significant rate in the region of Asia Pacific during the forecast period, due to the rise in number of surgical procedures in countries such as India, Japan and China during the recent years.
Key Market Dynamics
Key Market Drivers
- Technological Developments In the Field of Surgical Scalpel
- Increase In the Number of Surgical Procedures
Key Market Restraints
- Increase In the Risk of Injury Due To Scalpels
- Increased Concerns Over the Safe Disposal of Used Scalpels
Key Market Opportunities
- Increasing Medical Tourism In Emerging Nations
- Use of Novel Surgical Scalpel
Key Topics Covered:
2. Global Surgical Scalpels Market - Key Takeaways
3. Global Surgical Scalpel Market - Market Landscape
4. Global Surgical Scalpel Market - Key Market Dynamics
5. Surgical Scalpels Market - Global Analysis
6. Global Surgical Scalpel Market - Regulatory Scenario
7. Global Surgical Scalpel Market Analysis by Product
8. Global Surgical Scalpel Market Analysis by Type
9. Global Surgical Scalpel Market Analysis by Material
10. Global Surgical Scalpel Market Analysis by End User
11. North America Surgical Scalpel Market Revenue and Forecasts To 2025
12. Europe Surgical Scalpel Market Revenue and Forecasts To 2025
13. Asia-Pacific Surgical Scalpels Market Revenue and Forecasts To 2025
14. Middle East & Africa Surgical Scalpels Market Revenue and Forecasts To 2025
15. South and Central America Surgical Scalpel Market Revenue and Forecasts To 2025
16. Key Company Profiles
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Cardan Medical Products
- pfm medical ag.
- Swann Morton Limited
- Cadence Inc.
- PL Medical Co., LLC
- Kai Corporation. and Kai Industries Co., Ltd.
- VOGT MEDICAL
- P. J. Dahlhausen & Co. GmbH
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bjg7ws/759_million?w=4