SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ServiceNow® (NYSE: NOW) today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner as a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Risk Management.1
ServiceNow Governance, Risk, and Compliance transforms inefficient processes by combining security, IT and risk capabilities into a unified risk program built on the Now Platform®. Through continuous monitoring, prioritization and automation, customers can respond to business risks in real time.
When combined with ServiceNow Security Operations, customers can:
- Align risk and business context to achieve organizational objectives
- Automate security response to operational, IT and cyber risk for faster mitigation
- Automate third-party risk and integrate existing security tools for complete visibility
- Comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements with full policy lifecycle management
“It used to be that compliance was addressed by a narrow band within the organization, but that time has passed,” said Sean Convery, vice president and general manager, ServiceNow Security & Risk. “Now that organizations are fully digital, the entire business needs to take part in operational, IT and cyber decision-making to keep an organization safe.”
A complimentary copy of the report is available here. For more information, visit ServiceNow’s blog: ServiceNow is a Leader in Integrated Risk Management.
A Foundation for Controlling Digital Risk
Digital risk is no longer a compliance activity by auditors but inherent in nearly every activity an organization performs. Integrating risk on a single platform across operational, IT and cyber decision-making is key to making the right choices to keep the organization safe.
ServiceNow connects the business, security and IT within an integrated risk framework and on the same platform. Some examples of use cases for ServiceNow customers include:
- Continuous Monitoring for Cyber Risk: Link operational Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) and Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) programs to risk indicators which adjust calculated risk levels in real time. When risk mitigation needs to happen, security teams can orchestrate it quickly with an integration to ServiceNow IT Service Management and IT Operations Management, and to third-party tools. This improves the quality of decision making and speeds up the response process on the most important risks first.
- Continuous Monitoring for IT and Security Compliance: Link Integrated Risk Management (IRM) Controls to Control Indicators which can reach into the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and a TVM program to completely automate the process of proving that a control is implemented. This allows compliance analysts to focus on strategy and planning instead of measurement.
- Continuous Monitoring for HR and Privacy Risk: Assess risk indicators, such as ethics violations, whistleblower volume and performance reviews, alongside metrics from an operational HR program to provide a real-time view of the risk employees represent to the organization. Customers can automate confirming code-of-conduct or background checks via ServiceNow HR Service Delivery, making HR process and risk reporting more efficient and effective.
GDPR: ServiceNow offers full policy lifecycle management
The GDPR forces stricter responsibilities on organizations to prove that they have adequate processes in place to manage and protect personal data. The major goals of the GDPR are protection of an individual’s personal data and the definition of the rules for the free movement of personal data in the European Union.
ServiceNow is an ideal solution to address the GDPR. It can identify the applications that touch personal data and provide a means to gather evidence; tracking compliance of those applications across functional groups. Areas where ServiceNow can help include:
- Import GDPR requirements, description and policy management
- Manage third-party GDPR compliance
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Risk evaluation and management requirements
- Audit and data subject requirements
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) mapping
- 72-hour breach notification
- Data Protection Officer (DPO) dashboard
Tweet this: ServiceNow named a Leader in the July 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Risk Management. Get the report: https://svc.work/2Lz7LJD
1 Gartner, ‘Magic Quadrant for Integrated Risk Management’ by John A. Wheeler, Jie Zhang, Earl Perkins, July 16, 2018.
A Gartner Magic Quadrant is a culmination of research in a specific market, giving you a wide-angle view of the relative positions of the market's competitors. By applying a graphical treatment and a uniform set of evaluation criteria, a Magic Quadrant helps you quickly ascertain how well technology providers are executing their stated visions and how well they are performing against Gartner's market view. Gartner Research Methodologies, http://www.gartner.com/technology/research/methodologies/research_mq.jsp
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW) makes work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital experiences that help people do their best work. For more information, visit: www.servicenow.com.
© 2018 ServiceNow, Inc. All rights reserved. ServiceNow, the ServiceNow logo, Now, and other ServiceNow marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries. Other company names, product names, and logos may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.