SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Imanis Data, the machine learning data management company for the data driven world, today announced record customer adoption driven by enterprises’ need to protect and manage their Hadoop and NoSQL data. These results build on Imanis Data’s continued momentum in 2018 which includes a major round of funding, expansion of the executive team, and significant product enhancements.
Strong Customer Adoption
Since the start of 2018, Imanis Data has experienced strong enterprise adoption. Most recently, the company was selected by a leading global retailer to provide complete data management for their Azure Data Lake. The win is particularly noteworthy because Imanis Data was selected over a heritage technology vendor, CommVault.
“It’s great validation of our strategy and technology to be selected over a heritage data protection vendor,” said John Mracek, CEO of Imanis Data. “Our data management-first approach, including petabyte scalability, data awareness, and machine learning clearly differentiate us and uniquely position us to address the growing need for Hadoop and NoSQL data protection and management.”
TWEET THIS: .@ImanisData customer base grows, knocks the 1H 2018 ball out of the park #seriesbfunding $13.5m bit.ly/2LgEuXr #BigData management with enhanced ThreatSensetm #ransomware detection, #DisasterRecovery for @Hadoop, and new Recovery Sandboxtm for #recovery readiness @NoSQLDigest @cassandra @DataStax @hortonworks @MongoDB @couchbase
Today’s news builds on the continued momentum Imanis Data has experienced in 2018, including:
- Series B Funding – in Q1, the company secured additional funding with investments from Canaan, ONSET Ventures, Intel Capital, and Wipro Ventures, as well as new investor Asset Plus Capital. The added capital is being used to increase go-to-market resource and activities, and to expand relationships with key cloud and technology partners.
- Expanded Executive Team – since the beginning of the year the company has expanded their executive team including the appointment of John Mracek as CEO, storage and data management veteran Peter Smails as CMO, and security veteran Leo Hecke as CRO.
- Product Innovation - During the first two quarters of 2018, Imanis Data significantly upgraded their Imanis Data Management Platform (IDMP) adding point-in-time backup for Couchbase and launching v3.3 which includes enhanced ThreatSensetm Ransomware detection, disaster recovery for Hadoop, and Recovery Sandbox which allows administrators to test recoverability quickly with no disruption to production workloads.
"Imanis Data has a broad vision and a unique data management-first approach,” said George Crump, president and founder of Storage Switzerland. “Backup and recovery is a critical use-case but Imanis Data is concerned not only with data protection but also orchestration and automation - the 'how, what and where data' is placed in a living environment - which is crucial to help organizations struggling with the operational challenges of scaling Hadoop and NoSQL deployments.”
“It has been a great year so far for Imanis Data and our customers,” said Peter Smails, CMO. “As enterprises increasingly rely on modern data platforms like Hadoop and NoSQL we look forward to helping them address all their data protection and management challenges.”
- Why Machine Learning Matters for Data Management - https://www.imanisdata.com/why-data-awareness-matters-for-modern-data-management/
- Introducing Imanis Data v3.3 - https://www.imanisdata.com/introducing-imanis-data-3-3/
About Imanis Data
Imanis Data is the machine learning data management company for the data driven world. The Imanis Data Management Platform enables customers to harness the full value of their data by delivering solutions that protect their data, as well as orchestrate and automate all their data management tasks. Imanis Data has been named a Gartner Cool Vendor as well as a CRN Emerging Vendor. Imanis Data’s customers include leading Fortune 500 businesses in the retail, financial services and technology industries, among others. Backed by Canaan Partners, Intel, Onset Ventures, and Wipro Ventures Imanis Data is located in San Jose, CA. For more information, visit imanisdata.com and follow us on Twitter at @imanisdata.