TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that its Graphic Operation Terminal GOT2000 Series, a type of human-machine-interface (HMI), would add a Rugged Model on May 30 to enable workers to monitor, operate and adjust machines that operate under extreme conditions, including very high temperatures, extra-bright lighting, strong vibrations or shock, and high water pressure.
1) Extra robustness and visibility for use under extreme conditions
- Aluminum front panel for strong resistance to vibration and shock (more than double that of GOT2000 Series standard models).
- After installation the front panel is rated at IP66/IP67*, allowing it to be washed down with high-pressure water
- Withstands extreme ambient temperatures from -20°C to +65°C compared to 0°C to 55°C for standard models.
- Wide 7-inch TFT screen (WVGA: 800x480) with 65,536 colors for impressive displays.
- Improved screen visibility and extra outdoor durability (approx. 95% UV resistance).
* Level of ingress of foreign bodies as defined by International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC): The first digit following IP is the resistance to solid objects, from fingers to dust, the second digit is the waterproof level, and the last F means oilproof (IPx6F: withstands strong water jets, IPx7F: withstands temporary immersion in water).
2) Multiple communication interfaces for IoT worksites
- Built-in Ethernet communication interface (Ethernet 2ch) for IoT integration.
- LAN module (optional) for wireless communication with PCs.
3) Various functions to help reduce total costs and improve productivity
- GOT mobile function** to visualize overall state of facilities in real time using one or more remote devices (PCs, tablets, etc.) to reduce total costs at production sites.
- Audible warning function to help shorten downtimes and prevent misoperations.
** Requires optional license (GT25-WEBSKEY)
For the full text, please visit: www.MitsubishiElectric.com/news/