ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ecolab Inc., a leader in food safety solutions, has formed the Ecolab Food Safety Advisory Board to identify and help solve emerging trends that could impact food safety. The insights gained from leading industry experts will help Ecolab develop new solutions and protocols to advance food safety at food processing, food retail and foodservice facilities throughout the world.
“Ecolab is committed to raising the bar as a global leader in food safety,” said Ecolab Chairman and CEO Douglas M. Baker, Jr. “The Ecolab Food Safety Advisory Board will help us continue to improve our leadership position by incorporating forward-looking insights from food safety thought leaders as we identify new opportunities to improve food safety outcomes for our customers.”
Ecolab Food Safety Advisory Board members include:
- Mary Wagner, Ph.D., president of MK Wagner and Associates and chair of the Ecolab Food Safety Advisory Board. Dr. Wagner is past president of the Institute of Food Technologists and has held leadership positions at E&J Gallo Winery, YUM! Brands, MARS Botanical and Starbucks.
- Scott Brooks, DVM, president of River Run Consulting. Brooks is a former director of food safety and quality assurance for YUM! Brands, has held food safety and quality assurance leadership positions at PepsiCo and Kraft Foods, and has served on several scientific boards and food industry advisory committees.
- Hal King, Ph.D., president of Public Health Innovations. Dr. King has investigated foodborne disease outbreaks for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and researched disease causation at Emory University School of Medicine. He also worked on preventing intentional adulteration of foods in the U.S. Army Reserves and served as director of food and product safety for Chick-fil-A Inc.
- Mick Miklos, CP-FS, program director for the National Restaurant Association (NRA). Miklos is responsible for member engagement among the food safety and quality assurance, sustainability, and food and nutrition communities. He supports program compliance and ServSafe initiatives and serves as the NRA liaison with the major regulatory associations. Miklos is a former vice president of food safety and training for Waffle House.
- Elsa Murano, Ph.D., professor and president emerita at Texas A&M University. Dr. Murano is director of the Borlaug Institute and serves on the board of directors of Hormel Foods. She is a former undersecretary for food safety with the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Payton Pruett, Ph.D., president of Practical Food Safety Solutions. Dr. Pruett is a former vice president of Corporate Food Technology and Regulatory Compliance for the Kroger Company, senior director of Food Safety and Lab Services for ConAgra Foods and corporate director of Microbiology for Silliker Laboratories.
The Ecolab Food Safety Advisory Board steering committee includes Ecolab food safety experts and leaders from the Ecolab divisions that provide food safety solutions and expertise.
A trusted partner at nearly three million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With annual sales of $14 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.