MAHWAH, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Darren Magarro, president and CEO of DSM, has been named a finalist for EY's Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2018 Award for the New Jersey region. The tax and advisory services firm, also known as Ernst & Young, has given out the awards for 32 years. Regional winners are eligible for the national awards, which will be given out in November in California. The awards recognize businesspeople who excel in areas including innovation, financial performance and commitment to business and community.
Magarro has strategically grown DSM over 298% in the past six years and now has 17 employees. In 2017, the Agency celebrated its 10th Anniversary and under Magarro’s direction, relocated to a new 6,600 sq. ft. office building in Mahwah and was at a defining moment in its history. Recently, DSM consolidated its name and updated the branding in order to better reflect the image and philosophy of its evolving brand. The name change and rebranding was a natural evolution for the Agency. One that will be more adaptable as the Agency continues its growth.
Magarro runs DSM with one clear goal, to create an integrated marketing communications agency that offers its clients all of their marketing needs under one roof with a team that collaborates together for the best results.
“This award is bigger than me,” said Darren Magarro, president and CEO of DSM. “It really is about all the people at the Agency and the hard work we produce every day. Each day I get to work with amazing team of individuals that pride themselves at keeping up with the ever-changing climate of our industry and I’m honored to share this nomination with them.” “To grow is our goal, as long as we are the right fit both philosophically and budgetarily with our clients,” he continued. “Life is a journey and I’m glad to take it with the folks that we have at DSM.”
Under Magarro, DSM has received many awards and accolades including:
- Magarro was a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year® 2017 Award in the New Jersey Region.
- Magarro is also a past winner of one of NJBIZ’s Forty Under 40 Class of 2013.
- In 2016, Magarro was a member of the inaugural class of winners of Jersey’s Best Marketing & Communications Professionals Under 40 Award. Since then, three executives from DSM were inductees for the 2017 Jersey's Best Marketing & Communications Professionals Under 40 Award and two executives were voted into the 2018 class last month.
- The Agency became the first and only platinum HubSpot certified agency partner in NJ in 2017.
- Magarro is a founding member of Behind The Seams fashion show to benefit Eva’s Village, a non-profit comprehensive social service organization located in Paterson, NJ.
- He is also a founding member of the Backpacks for Life golf outing. Backpacks for Life is a non-profit whose mission is to provide homeless veterans with things they cannot provide for themselves.
- Magarro serves on the mayoral-appointed Parks & Recreation Committee in his hometown of Franklin Lakes, NJ.
- He was voted onto the Board of Directors of the REED Academy, located in Oakland, NJ. REED Academy is a private non-profit school for children ages 3-21 with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- DSM was one of the 2016 finalists for The American Cancer Society’s “Real Men Wear Pink” campaign.
- DSM was a CIANJ recipient of the Companies that Care 2017 award.
- SmartCEO award winner in 2014 for the Small Business Award and in 2015 for the Corporate Culture and Future 50 Awards.
- Recipient of numerous NJ Ad Club awards
Magarro was selected as a finalist by a panel of independent judges. The winners will be announced at a June 28th event at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick.
Now in its 32nd year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year® program is the world's most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs and prominent leaders from business, finance and the local community. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries throughout the world.
For more information about DSM, please visit its website www.thedsmgroup.com or call (201) 485-7777.
Founded by Darren Magarro in 2007, DSM is a full-service marketing, advertising and public relations agency located in Bergen County, NJ. The firm works closely with clients in the education, health, hospitality, retail, service, financial and legal sectors, offering growth-based marketing, advertising and public relation services with a focus on driving tangible ROI for its clients.