DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Semiconductor Wafer Polishing and Grinding Equipment Market - Segmented by Equipment, End User, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The semiconductor wafer polishing and grinding equipment market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.68% over the forecast period (2018-2023).
In the current market scenario, semiconductor companies are increasingly leaning toward distinguishing their products in new ways. In order to achieve this, many wafer vendors are in direct contact with downstream players to avoid any intermediate players. This is the biggest factor that helps achieve this differentiation. Association of huge companies, like companies Google, Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, and AMD, and several major foundries in the market indicates the shift in market trends.
This trend is increasingly creating demand for polishing and grinding services rather than creating a direct demand for the equipment. Companies are increasingly preferring to outsource these polishing and grinding operations, rather than procuring high priced semiconductor wafer polishing and grinding equipment and setting up highly complicated manufacturing establishments for their operations.
This scenario is creating a demand for semiconductor wafer polishing and grinding equipment immensely from the third party manufacturers, who aim to benefit from the outsourcing activities of the key companies. Although the demand for these equipment is expected to grow at a very slow pace, in case of key players, considerably moderate consumption is expected from the third-party players over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018 - Precision Surfacing Solutions (formerly Lapmaster Wolters Group) announced that it has acquired REFORM Grinding Technology GmbH, a prominent provider of machine tools and systems for high-precision grinding applications. The acquisition of the REFORM brand is expected to increase Lapmaster's precision grinding system portfolio and provide the ability to offer complimentary grinding technologies to their global customer base.
- Applied Materials
- Tokyo Seimitsu
Other Companies Mentioned
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Semiconductor Wafer Polishing and Grinding Equipment Market Segmentation
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Semiconductor Wafer Polishing and Grinding Equipment Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dz6pfw/semiconductor?w=4