LAKELAND, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Publix Bakery joined amateur pie makers, professional bakers and chefs, and commercial pie companies from around the country and Canada at the American Pie Council National Pie Championships April 6 – 7. This year, seven Publix pies brought home blue ribbons in their respective categories.
- Apple Pie — Family: Traditional Apple (repeat winner)
- Coconut Custard Pie — Family: Baked Dairy
- Mini Mango Key Lime Pie — 6” Single: Citrus
- Mini Toasted Coconut Cream Pie — 6” Single: Open Cream
- NSA Pumpkin Pie — Family/No Sugar Added: Pumpkin
- Original Key Lime Pie — Premium: Key lime (repeat winner)
- Small Blueberry Pie — 6” Single: Fruit & Berry
Many other Publix pies — like Cherry, Mixed Berry, Peach Cobbler and Dutch Apple — have won past championship awards. With each blue ribbon comes bragging rights for a year. Publix customers will soon see a blue ribbon sticker on each award-winning pie.
Publix is privately owned and operated by its more than 190,000 employees, with 2017 sales of $34.6 billion. Currently, Publix has 1,178 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. The company has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 21 consecutive years. In addition, Publix’s dedication to superior quality and customer service is recognized among the top in the grocery business. For more information, visit the company’s website, corporate.publix.com.