The Philippines is an agrarian country, with half of its population engaged in farming. In 2017, the agriculture and forestry sector alone contributed 8.4% to national GDP - a share which rises to 9.6% if fisheries are included - according to data from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
Agriculture in the Philippines has been struggling with fragmentation and low levels of technology adoption and specialisation. However, the sector enjoys good fundamentals given the country's farming traditions, its large farming population, and its good global position as an exporter of coconut, sugar, and fish. The Philippines' staple food is rice, which it produces but also imports in significant quantities. The country does not produce wheat or other small grains and also imports most of the dairy products it consumes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for the Philippines. The Research presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain the Philippines's position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for
specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
- Universal Robina Corporation
- San Miguel Pure Foods Co Inc
- RFM Corporation
- Victorias Milling Co
- Vitarich Corporation
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Sector in Focus
3. Competitive Landscape
4. Companies in Focus
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rbqbjj/philippines?w=4