WILMINGTON, Del.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--College Ave Student Loans is teaming up with Chicago-based and New York Times Bestselling Author Harlan Cohen for College Launch Nights, a series of in-person and digital events to help parents, high school seniors and juniors prepare, plan and navigate the upcoming college transition. Starting April 16, parents and high school students in the Chicago area can join Cohen at events taking place at local high schools. For those who miss the events or live outside of Chicago, College Ave and Harlan will host the College Launch Night online event on May 3, starting at 8 pm ET.
College Launch Nights will take place at the following schools:
- 4/16: Naperville North High School, Naperville, IL – RSVP required
- 4/17: New Trier Township High School, Northfield, IL
- 4/18: Lyons Township High School, La Grange, IL
- 4/19: Deerfield High School, Deerfield, IL
- 4/24: Hinsdale Central High School, Hinsdale, IL
- 4/25: Amos Alonzo Stagg High School, Palos Hills, IL
“As a parent of college-age children, seeing your child off to college is one of the most rewarding and stressful times,” said Joe DePaulo, CEO and Co-Founder of College Ave Student Loans. “We are thrilled to team up with Harlan and offer a program to help parents and students adjust to the new road ahead and better prepare for the financial, social, emotional and academic changes students will face.”
“I want the first year of college to be one of the best years for parents and their students,” said Harlan Cohen, New York Times bestselling author of The Naked Roommate: And 107 Other Issues You Might Run Into in College and college life expert. “I’m excited to team up with College Ave Student Loans and bring a happy, healthy and what we hope is an almost stress-free approach to the new college year.”
At the live events and webinar, Harlan will help students and parents overcome first year challenges, by sharing strategies and simple rules, including:
1) Get comfortable with the uncomfortable. Your child will get uncomfortable. You will get uncomfortable. Fighting the uncomfortable creates mores stress. Facing it allows you to guide, support, and help your child (and yourself).
2) Apply the 24 hour rule. When they text, call or ask for help, give them 24 hours. Either the problem will still be there 24 hours later or they will have solved the problem or they will have a new problem.
3) Ask: What do you think you should do? After you ask the question, give them 24 hours to answer. Let them struggle. Direct them to people and places. Be patient and allow them to get comfortable with the uncomfortable.
To learn more about College Launch Nights and also to enter to win a $5,000 scholarship, visit: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/promos/college-launch-night/.
About College Ave Student Loans
College Ave Student Loans is simplifying the student loan experience so students can get on with what matters most: preparing for a bright future. As a fintech lending company with a sole focus on private student loans, we’re using technology and our deep industry expertise to connect families who need to cover education costs with lenders who can provide that funding. By specializing in student loans, we are able to give our customers the attention they deserve and deliver loans that are simple, clear, and personalized for the individual: we help you find your perfect fit. We offer competitive rates, a wide range of repayment options, and a customer-friendly experience from application through repayment. Visit: www.collegeavestudentloans.com.