DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Healthcare technology and consulting company Compass Professional Health Services today introduced two healthcare navigation solutions: Compass Advocate, which reduces the hassles of healthcare, and Compass Consumer, which helps employees make smarter healthcare decisions that improve care and lower healthcare costs. These new solutions join Compass’ flagship product, Compass Navigator, giving Compass the ability to provide healthcare navigation solutions for any employer budget.
Even though the U.S. economy has been booming, employers have seen record increases in health insurance renewal rates. According to Willis Towers Watson's Best Practices in Health Care Employer Survey, U.S. employers expect their healthcare benefit costs to increase by 5.5 percent in 2018, up from a 4.6 percent in 2017. In addition, large employers ranked specialty pharmacy as the top cost driver for the second consecutive year. Compass’ portfolio of healthcare navigation solutions helps address these issues.
“Employees have a healthcare hassle problem, and employers have a healthcare cost problem,” said Scott Schoenvogel, CEO of Compass Professional Health Services. “We’re excited to add Compass Advocate and Compass Consumer to our suite of industry-leading healthcare navigation solutions that not only help to eliminate the hassles of healthcare, but also help employers optimize their insurance network with high-quality, cost-effective care.”
Compass Advocate – For employers who are dissatisfied with the poor customer service, lack of utilization and long turnaround times of current patient advocacy solutions, Compass Advocate helps employees:
- Understand their benefits and plans: Provides employees with unbiased guidance to help them select a healthcare plan and gives them personal support for medical, dental, vision and pharmacy benefits throughout the year.
- Get help with medical bills: Gives employees an expert to fix problem medical bills. Compass tracks down and fixes problem medical or dental bills so employees and employers are not overcharged.
- Coordinate care: Helps employees verify care coverage, schedule appointments, transfer medical records and coordinate care.
- Find the right programs at the right times: Helps employees understand and use their health benefits – like telemedicine, disease management and Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) – in-the-moment, when they actually need them.
Compass Consumer – For employers who are dissatisfied with high-cost healthcare and inconsistent doctor and hospital quality and want to optimize their network with high-quality, cost-effective care, Compass Consumer empowers employees to:
- Understand insurance benefits: Gives employees personal support for medical, dental and vision benefits throughout the year.
- Find highly-rated, cost-effective doctors: Helps employees find highly-rated doctors, dentists and eye care professionals in their area, who meet their personal preferences and healthcare needs.
- Compare costs for procedures and care: Provides employees with price comparisons before receiving care. Depending on the doctor, hospital or facility, costs can vary by hundreds or thousands of dollars—even in-network.
- Drive lower cost pharmaceutical options: Helps employees compare medication prices and lower the cost of prescriptions.
Compass Advocate and Compass Consumer join Compass’ flagship healthcare navigation solution, Compass Navigator, which combines the services of both Compass Advocate and Compass Consumer and provides employees comprehensive support throughout their entire healthcare journey.
Compass Advocate is currently available, and Compass Consumer will be broadly available July 1, 2018.
About Compass Professional Health Services
Compass Professional Health Services is a healthcare technology and consulting company that helps employers and their employees navigate the complicated and costly healthcare landscape. Since 2005, the Compass healthcare navigation platform has created the premier health benefits experience for more than 2,000 companies and 2 million members, nationwide. Through an unmatched combination of smart technology and the friendly guidance of Health Pro® consultants, Compass simplifies healthcare and helps employees make simpler, smarter healthcare decisions that lower healthcare costs and improve care. To learn more, visit www.compassphs.com.