NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Duff & Phelps, the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor, today announced that it has launched a new interactive, web-based platform – The Cost of Capital Navigator. The Cost of Capital Navigator guides finance professionals through the steps of computing cost of capital, a key component of any valuation analysis and an essential input to assess the feasibility of every merger and acquisition transaction and strategic investment.
The Cost of Capital Navigator will provide the subscriber access to all the critical data that was previously available in the Valuation Handbook – U.S. Guide to Cost of Capital . This includes the CRSP Deciles Size Study and the Risk Premium Report Study from 1999 through 2018. Duff & Phelps will continue to publish and sell the other three books in its Valuation Handbook series ( The Valuation Handbook – U.S. Industry Cost of Capital, The Valuation Handbook – International Guide to Cost of Capital, the Valuation Handbook – International Industry Cost of Capital ) until the data in each of these books is migrated to the Cost of Capital Navigator.
The Cost of Capital Navigator has the following features:
- Data – Access to all data that was previously available in the Valuation Handbook – U.S. Guide to Cost of Capital , including CRSP Deciles Size Study, Duff & Phelps proprietary Risk Premium Report Study, High-financial-risk Study, industry risk premia, etc. The tool also includes comparative industry information on betas and cost of capital.
- Accessibility – Web-based platform accessible via desktop, laptop or tablet.
- Support – Assists the user in selecting inputs that match risk with return, highlighting best practices and underlying theory.
- Reduced errors – Data auditing eliminates common mistakes such as mismatching of data.
- Timeliness – Data is made available faster after year-end and quarterly periods than was previously possible with the printed books.
- Flexibility – Allows for computation of the CAPM and/or the Build-up method, automatically calculates levered, unlevered and re-levered betas, etc. Allows for sensitivity analysis and the ability to save multiple computation scenarios.
- Reporting – Provides comprehensive, auditable workpaper documentation summarizing the computations, assumptions, information sources and models used.
Roger Grabowski, Managing Director at Duff & Phelps, commented, “The launch of our Cost of Capital Navigator is particularly timely, as the recently-enacted Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and subsequent volatility in the capital markets increases the complexity of calculating cost of capital. Within this environment, the Navigator is intended to ensure access to a practical and dynamic tool that finance professionals can rely on to estimate the cost of capital. Our platform is the exact resource they will need to guide accurate and timely cost of capital estimates.”
The subscription-based tool is offered directly through Duff & Phelps. Future updates to the Cost of Capital Navigator include additional U.S. and international industry data, international equity risk premia and country risk premia data from the other three Valuation Handbooks, as well as an Excel plug-in to directly import data into a user’s spreadsheet.
If you are interested in subscribing to the Cost of Capital Navigator, please visit: www.dpcostofcapital.com
About Duff & Phelps
Duff & Phelps is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, real estate, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting. The firm’s more than 2,000 employees serve a diverse range of clients from offices around the world. For more information, visit www.duffandphelps.com .
M&A advisory, capital raising and secondary market advisory services in the United States are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities, LLC. Member FINRA/SIPC. Pagemill Partners is a Division of Duff & Phelps Securities, LLC. M&A advisory and capital raising services in Canada are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities Canada Ltd., a registered Exempt Market Dealer. M&A advisory, capital raising and secondary market advisory services in the United Kingdom and across Europe are provided by Duff & Phelps Securities Ltd. (DPSL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. In Germany M&A advisory and capital raising services are also provided by Duff & Phelps GmbH, which is a Tied Agent of DPSL. Valuation Advisory Services in India are provided by Duff & Phelps India Private Limited under a category 1 merchant banker license issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India.