SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SEWORKS, an innovator of offensive and defensive application security solutions, today announced Pentoma, the AI-powered penetration testing tool that allows software developers to conduct smart hacking attacks and efficiently pinpoint security vulnerabilities in web apps and servers.
When a company employs outside security hacker consultants to conduct manual remote hacking attacks in an attempt to ensure their products are secure against cyber threats, they often find this approach requires specific expertise which can be expensive in both time and resources. SEWORKS’ Pentoma conducts penetration or pen tests driven by artificial intelligence. With each hacking attempt, machine learning algorithms incorporate new vulnerability discoveries, thus continuously improving and expanding threat detection capability. With Pentoma, software engineers can focus on the development process itself, confident applications are secured against the latest hacking and reverse engineering attempts, thereby helping to streamline a product’s time to market.
“At SEWORKS, our team understands app security from the perspective of both attackers and defenders,” said Min Pyo Hong, CEO and Founder, SEWORKS. “Security is a growing concern during the development process today, especially with the emergence of IoT applications. The application itself is often the first point of entry for hackers. We continually research the threat landscape so we can provide a complete 360 app security solution that gives our customers confidence their applications are protected against unknown security threats.”
Pentoma provides wide-ranging offensive and defensive application security
- Ease of use – Uncover potentially damaging security vulnerabilities by simply entering a URL and then initiating pen testing. Receive in-depth security reports within a short timeframe.
- Up-to-date security intelligence – Vulnerability discoveries: SQL injection (SQLi), remote file inclusion (RFI), local file inclusion (LFI), unvalidated redirects and forwards, cross-site scripting (XSS), and unknown security risks.
- Comprehensive -- Pentoma analyzes every web-based app and server, including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and more.
New: AppSolid Robust Security Scanner Probes for OWASP Top Ten Vulnerabilities
SEWORKS’ AppSolid, the world's first, most comprehensive SaaS security solution for mobile apps, now incorporates an enhanced robust security scanner that uncovers the latest risks, based on the industry standard Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 list of the ten most dangerous current web application security flaws.
AppSolid’s comprehensive 3-step security protection – including the SEWORKS’ Kill-Switch feature -- enables developers to scan and diagnose any vulnerability within their mobile app and monitor the security status throughout the entire lifespan.
- Scan -- Diagnose security vulnerabilities, including DEX decompile, Native Library (.SO) debugging, and Unity 3D (.DLL) decompile. Get detailed reports based on latest OWASP Top 10 Mobile Risks.
- Protect -- Apply advanced event protection within minutes. No separate coding necessary. When app production is completed, users apply security through a simple upload/download process (APK files for Android developers and use of a custom Xcode compiler for iOS developers).
- Track -- Monitor and control the real-time security status of apps, including attempts and tools, when they’re live in the market. Shut down any suspicious activity immediately via the SEWORKS Kill-Switch. Access to useful quantitative data, including MAU (Monthly Active Users), DAU (Daily Active Users) and hacking attempts.
Both Pentoma and AppSolid do not have access to application source code or other confidential information, nor is that information stored on any of the SEWORKS servers.
SEWORKS invites attendees to learn more about Pentoma and AppSolid by visiting Booth 8.1D71 at Mobile World Congress 2018, Barcelona, Spain. To make an appointment, please email email@example.com.
Founded in 2013 by five-time DEF CON finalists, SEWORKS builds layered, comprehensive app security tools that help software developers defend their applications against the widest range of malicious hacking threats, throughout the entire app lifecycle. The company offers both offensive and defensive security solutions for mobile and web apps that are cloud-powered, easy-to-use, and with zero-integration required. Backed by Qualcomm Ventures, SoftBank Ventures Korea, Samsung Ventures, Smilegate Investment, and others, SEWORKS is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Seoul, Korea.