BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Parallels® (www.parallels.com/about), a global leader in cross-platform solutions and creator of industry-leading software for running Windows® applications on a Mac®, today launched Parallels Toolbox 2.5 for Mac (www.parallels.com/toolbox). The new suite of easy-to-use tools simplifies tedious everyday computing chores down to just a click or two, so Mac users can quickly get the job done and supercharge their productivity. Additionally, Parallels Toolbox Business Edition launched today making it easy for businesses to provide employees with the time-saving tools they need, while giving IT admins the total control and flexibility they require.
“Many employees lose valuable time every week struggling with how to get basic things done simply and quickly – like prevent presentation disruptions, clean the drive, record video of their screen to share or convert to the right format, securely archive files and more. Available solutions are unnecessarily complex, and manual steps can be hard to remember,” said Jack Zubarev, President of Parallels. “With Parallels Toolbox, users and businesses can quickly accomplish common tasks in just a click, and it provides an ever-growing suite of tools at their fingertips to get things done and be more productive.”
New Tools in Parallels Toolbox 2.5 for Mac include:
- Screenshot Page – capture and print lengthy webpages that don’t fit into your screen: Take and print screenshots of webpages in one click – even long pages that don’t fit into your browser screen. Easily add a button to your Safari toolbar for even more convenient use, and designate the default output file format as PDF, PNG or JPG in settings. Demo videos: How to Capture Lengthy Webpages - “Snagit 2018 vs. Parallels Toolbox” (https://youtu.be/fwG_iuIUFhs), and “How to Capture a Full Webpage Screenshot with a Safari Extension” (http://bit.ly/ScreenshotSafariPR) .
- Free Memory – reclaim RAM memory and optimize its consumption on your Mac. Add this Free Memory tool to the macOS menu bar to easily check how much RAM is available with just a click and reclaim available memory.
- Resize Images – batch convert images to your desired file size and format. Simply drag the source images to the tool’s window, specify the desired dimensions/size and output location, and click.
New Enhanced Versions of Existing Parallels Toolbox Tools:
- Clean Drive – reclaim disk space before you run out: Quickly scan and detect duplicate files for easy review and removal, discover the largest files, remove temporary OS and applications files, and free up potentially gigabytes of space in just a click. This newly enhanced tool now monitors your drive and periodically reminds you to run it to remove useless junk in the filesystem (old logs, caches, mobile device backups, etc.) for better Mac performance. Demo video: How to Clean Drive and Free-up Space on My Mac (http://bit.ly/CleanDrivePR).
- Download Video – watch your favorite YouTube and internet videos offline: Simply drag and drop or copy and paste a video URL to the tool to instantly start its download. Pre-select your desired resolution (max, up to 1080p, 720p or 360p) and download destination, such as desktop or folder. Add the Safari extension to make video downloading even easier. Demo video: “How to Download YouTube Video to My Mac” (http://bit.ly/DownloadVideoPR).
- Record Video – easily record screen videos with your desired resolution and audio source: Record Area, Screen or Window in just a click, with the ability to pre-select audio source (same as system, display audio, built-in microphone or mute), resolution, and destination such as desktop or folder.
- Capture Tools – time-delay option for better results: Users can now specify a 1-5 second delay when capturing screen.
Streamlined Video/Photo Capture and Conversion
- Make a GIF: Quickly create animated GIFs from videos. Pre-select your desired GIF frame rate and resolution, then drop a video onto the tool's window or open a video, adjust the start and end points, and add some text. Simply click "Make GIF" and it's saved in the same location as the video. Demo video: “How to Quickly Make GIF with Parallels Toolbox for Mac” (https://youtu.be/Sz0S1AAp2YM).
- Convert Video: Drag almost any video to the tool, such as your favorite movie or TV show, to convert it to MP4 so it can be played on tablets and phones. Demo video: “How to Convert Video to MP4 on My Mac” (http://bit.ly/ConvertVideosPR).
- Take Photo: Take photos using the PC’s camera and the image file is saved at your pre-selected destination such as your desktop or a folder.
- Capture Screen: Click anywhere to take a screenshot of the entire screen and automatically save it in a variety of formats (PNG, JPEG, TIFF, PDF and GIF) to your desktop or pre-selected folder.
Enhanced Presentations and Screen Sharing
- Presentation Mode – avoid embarrassing disruptions: One click hides desktop files, blocks email, message notifications, prevents sleep mode, and automatically detects and adjusts resolution for external displays. It will even remember your desired settings for each monitor and automatically make proper adjustments every time you reconnect. Click again to restore everything. Demo video: “How to Avoid Mac Presentation Disruptions” (https://youtu.be/BdMM-WdeHLE).
- Launch – opening multiple applications and files for a project is now fast and simple: With just one click, open several items at once—such as applications, documents, folders, links or other files. Simply drag the files to the tool’s window to create a sequence of items that automatically open the next time you click the tool’s icon.
- Do Not Disturb – don’t waste time changing settings in each running application: One click disables notifications and Dock animations that could interrupt your work or presentation.
- Do Not Sleep – prevent disruptions and inconvenient logouts: Disables all system settings that cause the computer to sleep in just one click.
- Hide Desktop – instantly hide distracting files instead of moving each one manually: One click hides files, folders and icons on your desktop for clutter-free presentations. Demo video: How to Quickly Hide Icons and Files on My Mac Desktop (http://bit.ly/HideDesktopPR).
- Switch Resolution – easily make your screen easy on the eyes: Change display resolutions in a snap to make text and images displayed on screen easy to read. Demo video: “How to Change Mac Screen Resolution – System Preferences vs. Parallels Toolbox” (https://youtu.be/onUYm3bAtMQ).
Improved Mac Productivity
- Archive: Easily create compressed and password-protected archives of your files from various locations, to save space or share them, by dragging files and folders to this tool window – no need to move or copy files to a single folder.
- Unarchive: Quickly unpack archives of various file compression formats—such as RAR, RPM, XAR, and Z—including those not supported by the built-in system utility. Double-clicking these files opens unarchive and starts unpacking, even password-protected archives.
Parallels Toolbox Business Edition
IT admins get total control with Parallels Toolbox Business Edition, which makes it simple to deliver time-saving and help-ticket-reducing tools to employees based on their individual needs:
Manage licenses and subscriptions
- Unified volume license key: Quickly and easily deploy to all computers across the organization with a single license key that activates multiple copies of Parallels Toolbox.
- License Management Portal: Simple, user-friendly dashboard enables IT. administrators to view license key, expiration dates and track the number of individual licenses in use and available.
- Split license key into sublicenses: Protect the master license key by creating sublicenses with a limited number of individual licenses and custom expiration dates.
Deploy and Customize
- Mass Deployment and Administration: Parallels Toolbox Business Edition is quickly and easily deployed on computers across an organization with standard software development tools.
- Customizable Tool Library: Quickly and easily customize and control the list of tools available to staff based on individual needs.
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Toolbox 2.5 for Mac, as well as the separately announced Parallels Toolbox 1.5 for Windows, are each available today as a stand-alone product at www.parallels.com/toolbox for $19.99 per year. Each annual license includes free updates of new and enhanced tools as they become available several times a year.
Parallels is a global leader in cross-platform solutions which make it possible and simple for customers to use and access the applications and files they need on any device or operating system. We help customers take advantage of the best technology out there, whether it’s Windows, Mac, iOS, Android™ or the cloud. Parallels solves complex engineering and user experience problems by making it simple and cost-effective for businesses and individual customers to use applications wherever they may be—local, remote, in the private datacenter or in the cloud. Visit www.parallels.com/about for more information.
Stay connected with Parallels and our online communities: Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/parallelsinc, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/parallelsmac and visit our blog at http://blog.parallels.com.
Parallels and the Parallels logo are registered trademarks of Parallels IP Holdings GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.