OLATHE, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ:GRMN), today announced OneHelm™, an integrated solution designed for third-party companies that brings the power and convenience of controlling onboard boat systems like digital switching, lighting, stabilization and more, to a Garmin multifunction display (MFD). This intuitive solution makes the boating experience more automated and fluent at the helm, while also eliminating the need for multiple control displays and devices.
“The MFD is the command center of a boat helm; it’s the most visible display and the most utilized. With that in mind, OneHelm simplifies control and customization of the boat's most crucial systems to one master source – the Garmin MFD,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “We’re fortunate to work with so many industry brands to incorporate their systems and technologies into OneHelm, and look forward to adding more soon.”
Since becoming available late last year, Garmin is excited to announce that the systems and technologies of the following companies have been integrated into OneHelm:
- Böning Ship Automation specializes in ship monitoring and control systems aiming for seamless integration with the vessel’s navigation system. Böning develops and manufactures devices and systems for nearly any monitoring and control task on board, as well as the corresponding human interfaces, with user friendly visualization and custom control panels.
- CZone’s digital switching simplifies operation by combining multiple circuits into predefined modes. CZone offers effortless monitoring oversight of key systems, and advanced control of individual circuits and functions. With a focus on partner integration, CZone delivers a leading solution for onboard automation.
- Lumishore builds advanced high-performance underwater LED lighting solutions for boats of all types and sizes from RIBs to Superyachts. Their Lumi-Link™ plug-&-play MFD integration lets boaters take full control of their Lumishore EOS or SUPRA lighting system directly from their MFD with Lumishore’s full functionality.
- The Carling Technologies® OctoPlex® system puts the user in complete control of all AC and DC loads. The system utilizes NMEA 2000® to allow monitoring and control of common marine devices, including remote AC breaker management and auto AC load shedding with immediate alerting of electrical issues, while reducing installation complexity and weight.
- The global leader in marine stabilization, Seakeeper’s innovative technology changes the boating experience by eliminating up to 95 percent of all boat roll, the rocking motion that causes seasickness, fatigue and anxiety. Seakeeper offers a growing selection of models for an expanding range of boat sizes.
- Shadow-Caster LED Lighting manufactures marine lighting and control products, and offers a full line of sizes and features to cover small skiffs to large yachts. They specialize in lights that are exceptionally bright, robust and efficient. Shadow-Caster’s Shadow-NET protocol is paving the way for new standards of lighting control in marine applications.
OneHelm is currently available for the GPSMAP® 8400/8600 MFD series. To learn more, visit: www.garmin.com/onehelm.
Garmin is the world’s leading marine electronics manufacturer1 and was recently named Manufacturer of the Year for the third consecutive year by the NMEA, an honor given to the most recognized marine electronics company for support of products in the field. Garmin’s portfolio includes some of the industry’s most sophisticated chartplotters and touchscreen multifunction displays, sonar technology, high-definition radar, autopilots, high-resolution mapping, sailing instrumentation, audio, entertainment and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and ease-of-use. Other Garmin marine brands include FUSION Entertainment, and Navionics, a premier supplier of electronic navigation charts.
For decades, Garmin has pioneered new GPS navigation and wireless devices and applications that are designed for people who live an active lifestyle. Garmin serves five primary business units, including automotive, aviation, fitness, marine, and outdoor recreation. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200, or follow us at facebook.com/garmin, twitter.com/garmin, or youtube.com/garmin.
1Based on 2016 reported sales.
About Garmin International Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin and GPSMAP are registered trademarks and OneHelm is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at http://www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.