DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation (Public Transport) Global Market Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
The market was estimated to be around $500 billion as of 2017. The market made up around 9% of the overall transportation services market in 2017. The market was the fourth largest market in the global transportation services (public transport) market in 2017.
Shared transportation system is growing in transit and ground passenger transportation industry owing to cost benefits this system offers to citizens.
In 2013, US-based startup Downtown Project launched the Project 100 transportation system for Las Vegas. It is a complete transportation system that allows users to borrow bikes, shuttles, and small electric cars, and gets a driver by paying a subscription fee. Other examples include ride sharing companies such as BlaBlaCar and Drivezy, which allow users to rent vehicles of their choice by paying a membership fee or fare. Uber, on demand cab transportation service provider is also offering shared ride service known as uberPOOL.
- The market size section gives the transit and ground passenger transportation (public transport) market revenues, covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
- Market segmentations break down the key sub sectors which make up the market. The regional breakdowns section gives the size of the market geographically.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in the last three years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the transit and ground passenger transportation (public transport) market and suggests approaches.
- Markets Covered: Commuter Rail and Public Bus Services, Taxi and Limousine Services, School and Employee Bus Services, Charter Bus Services.
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Transport For London
- MTR Corporation
- Guangzhou Metro
- Madrid Metro
- Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Seoul Subway
- The Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority
- Chicago Transit Authority
- Bay Area Rapid Transit
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c8pz2l/global_transit?w=4