DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Optimize Project Intake, Approval, and Prioritization" report from Info-Tech Research Group has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Capacity-constrained intake is the only sustainable path forward.
For years, the goal of project intake was to select the best projects. It makes sense and most people take it on faith without argument.
But if you end up with too many projects, it's a bad strategy.
Don't be afraid to say NO or NOT YET if you don't have the capacity to deliver. People might give you a hard time in the near term, but you're not helping by saying YES to things you can't deliver.
This research is designed for:
- PMO Directors who have trouble with project throughput
- CIOs who want to improve IT's responsive-ness to changing needs of the business
- CIOs who want to maximize the overall business value of IT's project portfolio
This research will help you:
- Align project intake and prioritization with resource capacity and strategic objectives
- Balance proactive and reactive demand
- Reduce portfolio waste on low-value projects
- Manage project delivery expectations and satisfaction of business stakeholders
- Get optimized project intake processes off the ground with low-cost, high-impact tools and templates
The appetite to approve more runs directly counter to the shortage of resources that plagues most IT departments. This tension of wanting more from less suggests that IT departments need to be more disciplined in choosing what to take on.
The methodology for optimizing project intake delivers extraordinary value, fast. In the first step of the blueprint, you will prototype a set of scorecard criteria for determining project value.
The Project Value Scorecard Development Tool is designed to help you develop the project valuation scheme iteratively. Download the pre-filled tool with content that represents a common case, and then, customize it with your data.
The practical, tactical research is accompanied by a suite of tools and templates to accelerate your process optimization efforts.
An effective tabletop exercise can be used to evaluate the following:
- Project Value Scorecard Development Tool (.xlsx)
- PPM Assessment Report (Diagnostics)
- Standard Operating Procedure Template (.docx)
- Project Request Forms (.docx)
- Project Classification Matrix (.xlsx)
- Benefits Commitment Form (.xlsx)
- Proposed Project Technology Assessment Tool (.xlsx)
- Business Case Templates (.docx)
- Intake and Prioritization Tool (.xlsx)
- Process Pilot Plan Template (.docx)
- Impact Assessment and Communication Planning Tool (.xlsx)
PMI and ISACA frameworks were used for areas of this research.
In addition to industry-leading frameworks, our best-practice approach is enhanced by the insights and guidance from our analysts, industry experts, and our clients. Our peer network of over 33,000 happy clients proves the effectiveness of our research. Our team conducts 1,000+ hours of primary and secondary research to ensure that our approach is enhanced by best practices.
In the past 12 months, clients have reported an average measured value of $44,700 from undertaking a guided implementation of this research.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hs4dn6/2018_blueprint?w=4