DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "OpportunityAnalyzer: Sepsis and Septic Shock - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026" drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report "OpportunityAnalyzer: Sepsis and Septic Shock - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026", covers overview of sepsis and septic shock, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, as well as current routine sepsis and septic shock recommendations of all 7MM covered.
It is estimated that in 2015, the overall sales for sepsis and septic shock to be approximately US$2.8 Billion, comprising annual drug sales of US$2.2 Billion in sepsis and US$0.6 Billion in septic shock across the 7MM.
Differences in revenue generated by disease area are due to higher incidence rates for sepsis compared with septic shock. The research expects the sepsis and septic shock market to grow by a strong Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.9% from 2016-2026, reaching annual sales of US$5.9 Billion by the end of the forecast period.
In order to combat these market realities, we believe developers will have to leverage innovative R&D strategies to establish the strong clinical evidence needed for approval and uptake post-licensure. Some of the key approaches identified by KOLs include adaptive clinical trial design, including interim analyses leveraging multiple clinically relevant biomarkers and companion diagnostics to limit heterogeneity among enrolled patients; targeting highly specific sepsis patient populations based on sepsis-induced conditions; and investigating novel targets with combination therapies that are relevant to sepsis pathophysiology.
- Global Sepsis and Septic Shock Market to Experience Strong Growth on Launch of First-in-Class Pipeline Products
- Developers Must Leverage Innovative R&D Strategies to Target Appropriate Patients and Achieve Sustained Commercial Success
- A High Level of Unmet Need Persists in the Sepsis and Septic Shock Marketplace
- Opportunities Remain for Current and Future Players to Develop Therapies Targeting Sepsis-Specific Pathophysiology
- Immunomodulating Therapies Poised to Transform Sepsis and Septic Shock Market, but Missing Biomarkers Will Limit Their Utility
- What Do Physicians Think?
Key Topics Covered:
1. List of Tables and Figures
2 Sepsis and Septic Shock
4 Disease Overview
6 Current Treatment Options
7 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis
8 Research and Development Strategies
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
- Asahi Kasei Pharma Corp
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Ferring Holding
- Spectral Diagnostics
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qwpssm/opportunity?w=4