STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today announced that it is the recipient of the IoT Breakthrough Award in the Connected Car Platform of the Year category for the second year in a row, this year for its Ignite Platform. The IoT Breakthrough Awards, which received over 3,000 nominations this year, recognize the leading products and companies in today’s IoT industry. HARMAN previously won in the Connected Car Platform of the Year category for its Life-Enhancing Intelligent Vehicles Solution (LIVS).
HARMAN Ignite, developed by HARMAN’s Connected Services division, is the first fully integrated, cloud-based platform for developing, managing, securing, operating and monetizing in-vehicle applications and services. Ignite is both scalable and modular, enabling OEMs to initially purchase a base set of functionality and build on that core base with additional services and capacity as needed. The platform is currently deployed in more than 29 global automotive OEMs to deliver services to more than 30 million vehicles worldwide.
HARMAN recently announced the next generation of HARMAN Ignite that will support new cloud integration offerings, including:
- Parental Controls Solution: Enables car owners to remotely monitor a vehicle’s location and status, such as vehicle speed, curfews and performance against speed limits.
- Voice Artificial Intelligence (AI) Agents: Allows for the availability of multiple voice AI agents in a single vehicle and enhances the traditional on-board voice recognition and natural language processing functions.
- HARMAN Intelligent Platform: Deploys pre-built machine learning algorithms to integrate new applications and services at a faster deployment time.
- HARMAN Cyber Security Analysis Center: Offers OEMs and fleet managers with access to security events within connected cars on their network, allowing the protection of connected and autonomous cars against cyber-attacks.
- Nexshop Automotive Retail Suite: Elevates the customer experience in automotive dealerships by streamlining the purchasing decision and providing a customized, interactive experience.
- SmartAuto: Brings connectivity to vehicles that do not have access to the cloud and enables features such as media delivery, vehicle diagnostics and vehicle tracking.
Current automotive solutions that utilize Ignite include:
- Vehicle Connect: Allows a vehicle to communicate through the cloud with other platforms like smart homes, smart infrastructures and other vehicles.
- Cloud-Based Driver Profile: Enables drivers to set preferences for content in any vehicle the consumer accesses. This solution uses predictive learning to adjust preferences, provides access to third party services regardless of vehicle and accommodates cloud portability of preferences and identity.
- Car-as-a-Service: Delivers a cloud service enabling Car Sharing, Ride Sharing and Fleet Management models.
- Vehicle Health and Diagnostics: Offers insights into vehicle health in order to help build relationships with car owners and improve car performance while increasing dealer service revenue.
- Content Personalization: Delivers personal content intelligently during a driver’s commute.
- Vehicle Analytics: Provides insight into vehicle usage and quality issues.
“We are thrilled to be recognized by IoT Breakthrough for a second consecutive year,” said Stephen Surhigh, Vice President & General Manager, Cloud Services at HARMAN International. “Our team is constantly striving to create innovative solutions across industries, and this award win further solidifies HARMAN as the leader in the automotive cloud platform market.”
“Car manufacturers are aggressively searching for ways to streamline the creation of new connected car experiences and services that today’s car buyer is demanding,” said James Johnson, managing director, IoT Breakthrough. “As a true end-to-end platform, providing connectivity, device management, application enablement, analytics and managed services capabilities, HARMAN Ignite is a compelling offering for OEMs on this search for ways to produce and improve Connected Car services for their customers. Congratulations to the entire HARMAN team on their success and well-deserved industry recognition.”
Follow HARMAN online:
- Find more news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Learn more about HARMAN Connected Services
- Like HARMAN Connected Services on Facebook
- Connect with HARMAN Connected Services on LinkedIn
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN Connected Services on Twitter @HARMANservices
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #Harman
ABOUT IOT BREAKTHROUGH
IoT Breakthrough, part of the Tech Breakthrough Awards organization, is devoted to honoring excellence in Internet-of-Things technologies, services, companies and products. The IoT Breakthrough Awards program provides a forum for public recognition around the achievements of IoT companies and products in categories including Connected Home and Home Automation, Connected Car, Industrial IoT (IIoT) and Smart City, Consumer IoT and more. For more information visit www.IoTBreakthrough.com.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
© 2017 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.