DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "How to Avoid Common Pitfalls in Combined EU/US Patent Applications" conference has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
This seminar addresses the parallel, but substantially different, rules for drafting and prosecuting patents required by the Examiners and Appeal Boards of the EPO and USPTO. You will study the contrasting approaches of the EPO and USPTO and learn the experts' techniques for drafting an applications for, and responding to, rejections issued by the two offices.
- The often unseen traps posed by differing EU and US requirements
- Best practices for reconciling the EU and US requirements and drafting an application to, maximise scope of protection, reduce objections, and minimise costs and maximise flexibility
- EPO and USPTO approaches to rejections
- Responding to EPO and USPTO rejections, based on an optimised specification
- Limiting US prosecution history estoppel
Programme Day One:
- Review of the similarities and differences in the statutory systems of the EPO and USPTO
- Best Practices' for preparing one specification to comply with the European and US requirements for:
- EPO/US: Prosecution and Appeal Procedures
- EPO/US Definitions of Prior Art and Priority
- Article 54 definitions of State of the Art'
- Definitions of Prior Art' for anticipation and obviousness
- Ramifications of the America Invents Act
Programme Day Two:
- Prosecution History Estoppel in the US
- Arguments on Non-Technical (EPO)and Subject Matter (US)
- Worked Examples
- Plenary Session
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rd2kqj/2_day_seminar?w=4