THOUSAND OAKS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Individuals enrolled in certain Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) Medicare Advantage plans will receive their health care through CareMore Health (CareMore), an integrated care delivery system that harnesses the power of teamwork to treat the whole person. CareMore takes common-sense solutions that treat patients as people and not as an aggregate of health conditions.
As part of enrollment in the following Anthem Medicare Advantage plans, members will have access to CareMore’s team of clinicians who will manage all of their health needs: Anthem Value Plus (HMO); Anthem StartSmart Plus (HMO); Anthem Connect Plus (HMO); Anthem Diabetes, Heart, & Breathe (HMO SNP); Anthem ESRD (HMO SNP); and Anthem Touch (HMO SNP). These health plans are part of Anthem Blue Cross’ 2018 Medicare Advantage offerings that recently received a 4.5-star rating (with five being the best) from the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Medicare Advantage Star Ratings program.
CareMore doctors and nurses will care for members through disease management and other programs at the CareMore Care Centers, at the hospital and beyond, and coordinate their care overall.
“The addition of CareMore to Anthem’s Medicare provider network is just another example of how Anthem gives our members access to high-quality, affordable health care,” said Josh Martin, president of Anthem’s Medicare west region. “CareMore has the experience needed to keep our members healthy and help clear the way for them to live the life they’ve earned.”
CareMore, a known leader in care delivery and innovation, is a physician-founded, physician-led care delivery system with an emphasis on treating the whole person. Focusing on prevention and highly coordinated care, the model proactively helps address the medical, social, and personal health needs of its patients.
CareMore has built its model around surrounding patients with the coordinated care and services they need. Multidisciplinary teams of clinicians at the CareMore Care Centers collaborate to identify what it will take to keep patients physically and mentally healthy. CareMore’s effort to improve care for the frail, chronically ill, and other underserved patients is part of its strategy to spend more time preventing and slowing the progression of disease.
Californians will have the opportunity to enroll in these Anthem Medicare Advantage (MA) plans during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). The AEP begins October 15, 2017, and continues through December 7, 2017, and gives Californians eligible for Medicare the opportunity to enroll in Anthem’s 2018 Medicare Advantage (MA) plans. Individuals who are dual-eligible – those who qualify for Medicare and Medi-Cal – have more opportunities to select a different plan if they choose to do so or they can stay with their existing plan.
For 2018 insurance plans, individuals eligible for Medicare – people 65 years and older and those with certain disabilities – are able to enroll in Anthem Value Plus (HMO) and Anthem StartSmart Plus (HMO). Anthem also offers Anthem Connect Plus (HMO), which features vision eyewear and hearing aid allowances.
Individuals with diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disorders, or chronic lung disease can participate in Anthem Diabetes, Heart, & Breathe (HMO SNP) plans. Only individuals with end-stage renal disease can enroll in the Anthem ESRD (HMO SNP) plan. Anthem Touch (HMO SNP) is also available to individuals living in a nursing home or in community or assisted living facilities.
“We are excited to welcome Anthem’s members to CareMore Health, where we strive to meet the medical, social, and personal health needs of every patient that comes through our doors,” said Sachin Jain, MD, President of CareMore. “We value getting to know our patients by listening and understanding their needs. This personal engagement is at the core of providing the best care – something we’re proud to have been doing for 25 years and plan to continue to do for 25 more years and beyond.”
Information about Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Advantage plans utilizing the CareMore network:
Anthem Value Plus (HMO) is a plan that gives enrollees access
to CareMore – a physician-led delivery system, harnessing an
integrated health care team to treat the whole person. CareMore
utilizes a clinical model designed to help members manage chronic
conditions. This plan offers $0 copay for an annual eye exam, $0 copay
for an annual hearing exam, $0 copay for hearing aids, and Nifty after
Fifty® – a clinically supervised full-body training program
for mature adults, created by physicians.
Anthem Value Plus (HMO) is available in Stanislaus County for a $48 monthly premium, San Benito and Santa Clara counties for a $54 monthly premium, and Los Angeles, Orange, and San Bernardino counties for a $0 monthly premium.
- Anthem StartSmart Plus (HMO) offers enrollees health care through the CareMore network. Enrollee benefits include: $0 copay for hearing aids every three years, 12 routine chiropractor visits a year, SilverSneakers, and Nifty after Fifty®. This plan is available in Los Angeles, Orange, San Benito, San Bernardino, Santa Clara, and Stanislaus counties for a $0 monthly premium. Plan gives enrollees a $52 Part B premium reduction in Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Bernardino only.
- Anthem Diabetes, Heart, & Breathe (HMO SNP) are plans available only to individuals who have specific chronic conditions. Enrollees utilize the CareMore network to manage the health care needs specific to their chronic condition. These plans offer $0 copay for an annual eye exam, $0 copay for an annual hearing exam, $0 copay for hearing aids, and Nifty after Fifty®. The plan is available in Stanislaus County for a $59 monthly premium, Santa Clara County for a $55 monthly premium, and Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino counties for a $0 monthly premium.
- Anthem ESRD (HMO SNP) is an insurance plan for individuals with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and provides care through the CareMore provider network. Plan benefits include $0 copay for an annual eye exam, $0 copay for an annual hearing exam, $0 copay for hearing aids, a set number of one-way trips to plan-approved locations, and Nifty after Fifty®. This plan is available to residents of Los Angeles, Orange, and San Bernardino counties with ESRD for a $0 monthly premium.
- Anthem Connect Plus (HMO) is another plan that utilizes the CareMore integrated care delivery network for its enrollees. Plan benefits include $0 copay for annual routine eye exams, $0 copay for annual routine hearing exams, $0 copay for unlimited oral exams, and a $2,000 a year allowance for hearing aids. This plan is available in Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Clara, San Benito, and San Bernardino counties. Individuals with Medicare and full Medi-Cal eligibility pay a $0 monthly premium. Individuals eligible for Medicare only have a $33 monthly premium.
- Anthem Touch (HMO SNP) is another plan that offers care through the CareMore network. It is specially designed for Medicare beneficiaries living in a nursing home, or in a community or assisted living facility requiring the same level of care as someone in a nursing home. This plan also gives members benefits, services, and care designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of nursing home residents. This plan is available in Los Angeles, Orange, and Santa Clara counties.
In addition to Medicare Advantage plans, Anthem offers standalone prescription drug plans (known as Part D plans) in all California counties for people who enroll in Original Medicare, a government-sponsored program. The MAPD and PDP plans utilize a preferred pharmacy network to help members save costs. This preferred cost-sharing pharmacy network is being enhanced for 2018 with the addition of 17 independent pharmacies in Bakersfield, CA. In 2018, MAPD will also add more hypertension medications for a $0 copay for some of Medicare’s most utilized medications.
Anthem also offers Medicare Supplement plans to Original Medicare enrollees all across the state. These plans help cover costs Original Medicare does not cover, such as copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles at any doctor or medical facility that accepts Medicare. These Supplement plans are generally paired with a prescription drug plan.
For more details about Anthem Medicare plans in your area that give you access to CareMore’s provider network, call (844) 309-6996 or visit Anthem’s Medicare online store at https://shop.anthem.com/medicare.
Anthem Blue Cross is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Anthem Blue Cross depends on contract renewal. Anthem Blue Cross is an HMO DSNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the California Medicaid program. Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company is an LPPO CSNP plan with a Medicare contract. Anthem Blue Cross is an HMO CSNP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Anthem Blue Cross depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電1-888-230-7338（TTY：711）。 ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. Premium, co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles may vary based on the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details. Other providers are available in our network. The provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
About Anthem Blue Cross
Anthem Blue Cross is the trade name of Blue Cross of California. Anthem Blue Cross and Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company are independent licensees of the Blue Cross Association. ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross name and symbol are registered marks of the Blue Cross Association. Additional information about Anthem Blue Cross and Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company is available at www.anthem.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AnthemBC_News, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AskAnthem, or visit our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/AskAnthem.