SAN FRANCISCO & WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--.conf2017 – Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), first in delivering “aha” moments from machine data, today announced flexible pricing programs tailored to ensure that organizations realize maximum value for their Splunk® software investment across every stage of their data journey.
“Splunk is committed to offering value-based pricing tailored to the unique needs of our customers, whether they are just getting started or an existing customer expanding their use of Splunk,” said Doug Merritt, President and CEO, Splunk. “The Splunk platform enables different lenses for viewing the same data, and the more our customers leverage Splunk, the more value they derive throughout their organizations. No matter where our customers are on their data journey, we have a pricing model or program to fit their needs.”
Recognizing that organizations have different needs for different use cases, Splunk offers customers the following pricing options:
- Use-case specific solutions with tailored pricing metrics. Splunk launched new products with pricing metrics tailored to help customers realize compelling value with use-case specific solutions. User-based pricing is available for Splunk User Behavior Analytics (UBA) and Splunk Insights for Ransomware to help customers derive full value from Splunk without worrying about the amount of data they ingest per day, month, or year. Splunk also launched Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring which gives small IT teams end-to-end cloud visibility for as little as $7500 per year1.
- Enterprise Adoption Agreements. Licensing arrangements provide budget certainty and lower pricing while enabling customers to answer more questions and gain synergies across their organizations. These term-license based arrangements are tailored to individual customer needs, and also include unlimited usage options based upon use case, source-type, departmental usage, and/or enterprise size.
- Term License True-Up Program. Starting at 500GB/day, this program gives organizations predictable costs that align with their budget cycle. It allows customers to grow usage over time, and pay an annual true-up fee for any sustained usage over the previously purchased license capacity.
- Special pricing for DNS/Netflow data. Now customers can ingest DNS/Netflow data (starting at volumes of 500GB/day and above), at a 67 percent discount compared to Splunk Enterprise term license pricing for other types of data sources.
- Free personalized Dev/Test licenses. For customers interested in testing new use cases without consuming their existing production license capacity, individual users at any organization with a paid Splunk Enterprise license or Splunk Cloud subscription can request a personalized Dev/Test license to experiment with Splunk at no additional cost.
- Splunk Enterprise Free (for Docker). New users can receive a one-year license for indexing volumes of up to 20 GB of data per day. Splunk Enterprise Free (for Docker) unifies insights across container environments and the entire technology stack.
- Free Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud trials. Splunk also offers a free Splunk Enterprise download of up to 500 megabytes per day for individual use. New customers can also qualify to receive a free Splunk Cloud trial to search, analyze and visualize up to 5 GB of their own data for 15 days, or dive deep into Splunk’s functionality with pre-populated data sets.
- Quick Start Bundles. Packages that include services, training and discounted Splunk licenses to accelerate time to value by giving customers everything they need to get up and running quickly.
Recursion Pharmaceuticals realized value from Splunk Enterprise in just three days. “Splunk provides Recursion Pharma with the level of scalability and speed necessary to maintain our breakneck pace toward achieving our goal of treating 100 diseases by 2025. With Splunk’s data ingestion-based approach, we prevent usage overages, and accurately predict monthly billing,” said John Pereira, chief operating officer and chief marketing officer, Recursion Pharmaceuticals. “The Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit equips our operations team with the necessary tools to comb through metrics for insight into our operations, wrangling large quantities of data to understand real-time correlations as they are happening, not months later.”
For more information on Splunk’s value-added pricing programs and use-case specific solutions, please visit the Splunk website.
1 Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring is available only as a prepaid annual term license, and customers will be billed in advance on each anniversary date (if renewed).
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges. Join millions of passionate users and discover your “aha” moment with Splunk today: http://www.splunk.com
Splunk, Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Light and SPL are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2017 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.