SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Clarizen, the global leader in enterprise collaborative work management, today launched Clarizen Workbot for use within the Slack platform as part of its Summer 2017 Release. Other key features include the general availability of the Financial Planning Module, and an enhanced Best Practices library for IT and Professional Services. This provides project stakeholders with the information they need at a moment’s notice so they can make decisions faster, quickly adapt to changes, and spend more time getting the right work done.
Clarizen Workbot highlights the company’s mission to help organizations achieve their business goals by making it easy for employees and teams to collaborate in real-time and in the environment of their choice. Users can ask for up-to-the-minute information on the most critical aspects of a project, including open or overdue tasks, budget updates, and overall project status.
Additionally, Clarizen Workbot is proactive in providing status alerts, such as overdue tasks or if a project goes over-budget, without requiring users to initiate a query.
“You do not have to leave Slack to mark tasks complete or review status, you have access to all the real-time data you need,” says Yoav Boaz, VP of Product at Clarizen. “Make your updates, take any necessary action, and get more done - all within Slack. Early adopters have confirmed that their teams’ productivity is vastly improved simply by reducing the amount of application context switching.”
Clarizen Workbot allows users to “ACE” (Adaptive, Collaborative, Efficient) their work:
- Adaptive: Not only can users have real-time data at their fingertips, they can also use Clarizen Workbot to help them prioritize work and get live status updates.
- Collaborative: When a user instructs Clarizen Workbot to make an update to a task or project, that data is immediately available to all other team members.
- Efficient: Users can mark tasks complete, review status and make updates in real time.
By leveraging the three elements of ACE, Clarizen helps deliver business agility across the enterprise.
Clarizen plans to develop its Workbot for use on other popular business communications platforms such as Skype for Business.
Financial Planning Module
Also today, Clarizen announced its new Financial Planning Module, which was released earlier this year via a controlled availability program, is available to all customers with new features and functionality.
Clarizen’s Financial Planning Module combines the simplicity of a spreadsheet for data entry with the control and structure that large organizations require for tracking a project’s business impact and financial status at scale, and over time. Users gain 360° visibility of project financial aspects for both labor and non-labor costs, comparing actuals to budget. Analyze costs by capex vs. opex, to make better portfolio level decisions during project intake, as well as throughout the life of the project by tracking performance.
The Clarizen Summer 2017 Release includes several additional new features and capabilities, including:
- Best Practices Library: Enhanced with additional IT best practices and a brand new set for Professional Services that address the key reasons why enterprises begin looking for a PPM tool, such as improving resource deployment on projects, collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders, and automated status reporting.
- File Template for Slide Publisher: Earlier this year, Clarizen released Slide Publisher, a wizard-based tool for creating branded presentations with project data collected from team members, using the organization’s standard corporate branding and reporting template. Clarizen today released the new File Templates module, which serves as a single repository for all corporate templates.
- Permission Access Levels: A flexible and scalable way to assign group permissions for global enterprise deployments (controlled availability today).
The Clarizen Summer 2017 Release is now available to customers at no additional charge, with the exception of Clarizen Workbot and Permission Access Levels, which are accessible via a controlled availability program. All customers enjoy bi-weekly product updates and major scheduled quarterly releases with new functionality and enhancements.
Clarizen delivers secure, cloud-based collaborative work management solutions built on the vision of business agility. Clarizen’s PPM solution combines cross-company project management with configurable workflow automation. Discussions, tasks, projects and portfolios are all accessible from Clarizen’s scalable enterprise platform. Internal and external stakeholders both gain easy access to a single source of information to improve work execution, collaborate in-context, optimize resources and respond faster. Clarizen is a leader in Forrester’s Enterprise Collaborative Work Management report and is a two-time Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management. To learn more, visit clarizen.com.