N. VENICE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PGT® Custom Windows + Doors (PGT), a wholly-owned subsidiary of PGT Innovations (NYSE: PGTI) and the nation’s leading manufacturer of impact-resistant windows and doors, is honored to announce that seven PGT employees have earned a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology at Webster University. The graduates completed the three-year program while attending an “on-site campus” at PGT’s headquarters.
“At PGT, our people are what make us successful, and we believe in supporting our team members’ efforts to achieve their professional goals,” said Bryan Lingle, Director of Human Resources, PGT Custom Windows + Doors. “The on-site Webster University MBA program was a great opportunity for our team to expand their knowledge and bring new insight to their everyday work. In addition to their full-time work schedules, these graduates completed challenging educational courses for three years. We're tremendously proud of their commitment and success in completing the curriculum.”
The 2017 PGT graduates include:
- Bayne Beecher, MBA, Manager, Production Scheduling and Production Control
- Jamison Eige, MBA, Sales Director, Southwest and Central Florida Region
- Jeff Finch, MBA, Senior Developer, IT Product Development
- Perla Guerrero, MBA, Staff Accountant
- Michael Hartley, MBA, Area Leader, Manufacturing
- Benji Hershberger, MBA, Director, Customer Care
- Spencer Maglich, MBA, Development Manager, IT Business Systems
“The Webster MBA program has given us the tools and knowledge to be better decision-makers in our jobs,” said Spencer Maglich, recent MBA recipient. “The convenience of the on-site classes allowed us to better balance the coursework while working full time, and PGT's tuition reimbursement program was an incredible benefit that allowed us to pursue this degree without the financial burden of student loans.”
“PGT Innovations strives to support employees at every level in the company,” said Debbie LaPinska, Vice President, Human Resources. “By providing a variety of education and training programs, we aim to help team members expand their skills and advance their employment within the company. We offer a comprehensive workforce development program, as well as tuition reimbursement, and have supported approximately 95 employees this year in earning industry certifications and degrees.”
About PGT Innovations
PGT Innovations, headquartered in North Venice, Florida, with over 2700 employees statewide, creates value through deep customer relationships, understanding the unstated needs of an industry, a drive to create the strongest, safest products on the market, and a commitment to always moving forward. The Company's trusted brands include CGI®, PGT Custom Windows & Doors®, and WinDoor®. PGT Innovations is the nation’s largest manufacturer of impact-resistant windows and doors, holds the leadership position in its primary market, and is part of the S&P SmallCap 400 Index. For additional information, visit www.pgtinnovations.com.
This press release may contain statements that constitute “forward-looking statements” as defined under federal securities laws of the United States. Generally, words such as “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “project,” “will” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements, which are not historical in nature. These forward looking statements relate to, among other things: (i) the impact that our name change will have on the Company’s profile, brand and performance; (ii) the impact the listing of our common stock on the NYSE will have on the Company’s profile, brand, and performance; and (iii) the outcome of these and other changes the Company is making to expand its growth opportunities and increase shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company’s historical experience and our present expectations or projections. These risks include, but are not limited to:
- Changes in new home starts and home remodeling trends
- The economy in the United States generally and in Florida, in particular, where the substantial portion of our sales are generated
- Raw material prices, especially aluminum and vinyl
- Transportation costs
- Our level of indebtedness
- Our dependence on our impact-resistant product lines
- Our ability to successfully integrate acquisitions, such as our acquisitions of CGI® Windows & Doors Holdings, Inc. and WinDoor®, Inc.
- Product liability and warranty claims
- Federal and state regulations,
- Our dependence on our manufacturing facilities; and
- Other risks discussed in our Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended January 2, 2016 and our subsequently filed quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, which are available from the SEC.
You should not place undue reliance on forward looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect the impact of subsequent events or circumstances.