ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Luma is once again redefining the home network experience with the debut of Luma Guardian, the world’s first personal IT team. The subscription service is a personal concierge that manages your home network’s privacy, security and performance, while offering a tech expert on demand. Luma is expanding their platform after previously launching the industry’s first WiFi mesh system with whole home WiFi, parental controls and network security scanning.
“We invented Luma Guardian because we want to bring the experience to every household of having a personal IT team on demand at an affordable cost,” according to Dr. Paul Judge, Co-Founder and CEO of Luma. “Large businesses have full-time IT teams to manage their networks, protect their privacy, guard against hackers, and optimize speed and bandwidth. The home network is now as complex as a business network, so consumers need an IT person to keep all their technology connected and secure.”
Luma Guardian helps you get any IT task done:
- “Hide my Web Browsing.”
- “Clean up Viruses from my Laptop.”
- “Am I getting the bandwidth from my ISP that I pay for?”
- “Tell me how to get this new connected speaker online.”
Luma Guardian’s service includes:
- Privacy VPN – Stealth Mode is a virtual private network (VPN) that encrypts web traffic from the user’s Luma system to the cloud, and then anonymizes the traffic before it reaches third-party websites. Stealth Mode can be turned on and off with the touch of a button in the Luma app and covers all of the devices on the home network.
- Device Antivirus – Luma Guardian takes protection to the next level, partnering with Webroot to provide antivirus protection and remediation for up to 3 devices. Webroot SecureAnywhere® performs regular, lightning-fast scans, blocking viruses, malware, ransomware and suspicious files, while protecting users from cybercriminals.
- ISP Speed Monitoring – Luma Guardian monitors for slow or spotty Internet service and sends users a monthly report to show if they are receiving the expected speed and bandwidth from their internet service provider (ISP).
- Premium Support – Luma Guardian members receive a priority support phone number, which enables them to move to the front of the line for assistance from a tech expert who is based in the United States. Users can also rely on the chat option through the Luma app, which provides them with expert service for all tech-related questions at their fingertips seven days a week.
The Growing Need for Internet Privacy
Changes in consumer data collection make it essential for everyone to have effective tools to protect their privacy. ISPs can now collect, share and sell consumer data such as browsing history and location information to marketers and other third parties. This information can be distributed without knowledge or consent, but a privacy VPN can offer protection. Luma Guardian includes Stealth Mode, a privacy VPN built into the WiFi system that can instantly provide privacy for all of the devices on your home network. Stealth Mode can be turned on and off through a simple touch of a button in the app. “Consumers deserve more control over their digital life,” said Judge.
Recent cyberattacks underscore the need for strong security features inside the home network and beyond. Since 2016, the Luma WiFi system has scanned home networks for malware and other threats. Luma has now partnered with Webroot, the market leader in endpoint security, network security and threat intelligence, to safeguard devices both on and off the home network through its SecureAnywhere® software.
“We are passionate about protecting consumers from cybercrime and internet-based attacks,” said Mike Malloy, executive vice president of products and strategy at Webroot. “Our partnership means Luma customers everywhere get outstanding cyber protection.”
Pricing & Availability
Luma Guardian is available to purchase today for an introductory price of $5 per month for the first year through the free Luma app or customers can test out the service with a free 30-day trial. Luma Guardian can be accessed through the Luma app, chat, phone or email. The Luma Home WiFi system is available for purchase at LumaHome.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Target.com and select retailers, including Home Depot and Bed Bath & Beyond. The free Luma app is available for download through the iOS App Store and Google Play.
The Luma Home WiFi System solves complex networking and cybersecurity challenges for consumers everywhere. Luma provides fast and reliable internet, parental controls and security protection that scans and neutralizes viruses and malware. It recognizes obstacles that might block your signal, and automatically works around them, providing customers a safe and secure, personalized home network internet experience with no dead zones. Luma was co-founded by Dr. Paul Judge and Mike Van Bruinisse, and is venture backed by Accel Partners, Amazon, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, GV and others. To learn more, visit www.lumahome.com and find them on Twitter @LumaHome and Instagram and Facebook @getluma.
Webroot delivers next-generation endpoint security and network security and threat intelligence services to protect businesses and individuals around the globe. Our smarter approach harnesses the power of cloud-based collective threat intelligence derived from millions of real-world devices to stop threats in real time and help secure the connected world. Our award-winning SecureAnywhere® endpoint solutions, BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services, and FlowScape solution protect millions of devices across businesses, home users, and the Internet of Things. Webroot is trusted and integrated by market-leading companies, including Cisco, F5 Networks, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks, A10 Networks, and more. Headquartered in Colorado, Webroot operates globally across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover Smarter Cybersecurity™ solutions at www.webroot.com.