PetSmart is helping dogs beat the summer heat and celebrate National Ice Cream Day again this year by taking its first-ever Doggie-Human Ice Cream Truck coast-to-coast in NYC, Seattle, Dallas and Toronto. On Wednesday, July 12, one PetSmart-sponsored truck per city will visit parks hosting free pop-up ice cream socials for dogs and their humans in celebration of National Ice Cream Day on Sunday, July 16, when additional free Doggie Ice Cream Sundaes will also be doled out to pets who visit any PetSmart PetsHotel locations.
The Seattle pop-up ice cream social will be at the Seattle Center International Fountain from noon – 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 12. Instagram famous pup, @buddhathepug will join Seattleites and their pups for a sweet treat and photo ops!
- PetSmart’s Doggie-Human Ice Cream Truck doling out free Doggie Ice Cream Sundaes to dogs and ice cream to pet parents; dogs eating the Doggie Ice Cream Sundaes, complete with kibble toppings, for a savory-sweet treat dogs love at Seattle Center International Fountain.
- Pet Instagram celebrities taking photos with dogs and pet parents eating ice cream from PetSmart’s Doggie-Human Ice Cream Truck.
VIEWER/READER CALL TO ACTION:
- In addition to PetSmart’s pop-up ice cream socials, all PetSmart PetsHotel locations across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico will be passing out free Doggie Ice Cream Sundaes on National Ice Cream Day – Sunday July 16.
- Social Media: PetSmart is encouraging pet parents to share photos and videos on Facebook and Instagram of their pets enjoying National Ice Cream Day using #nationalicecreamday and tagging PetSmart. You can also post on Snapchat your experience using the PetSmart National Ice Cream Day geo-filter!
About PetsHotel Services
About 50 percent of the U.S. population lives within 30 minutes of a PetSmart PetsHotel. Whether pets need to stay for an extended period in the overnight accommodations or just need a fun-filled day of supervised play at the Doggie Day Camp, PetSmart PetsHotels offer a variety of services, great hospitality and amenities to create a get-a-way as unique as your pet:
- Expert Care: Safety-certified, pet-loving staff with 24/7 onsite care and on-call veterinarian.
- The Private Suite: What better way to show your best friend how special he or she is than to upgrade to a Private Suite? It’s spacious, private and furnished with a comfy bed called a Poochy Cot and a TV tuned to pet-centric movies.
- PetSmart Doggie Day Camp: Pets exercise and socialize with other dogs in a dedicated indoor play area full of toys, while pet parents are at work or out of the house for the day. Flexible drop-off and pick-up times and Doggie Valet make it convenient for parents’ schedules. Doggie Day Camp goers can participate in monthly parties with free ice cream sundaes and fun themes.
- Individual Playtime: Your pup can receive personal attention and one-on-one fun with a Pet Care Specialist.
- Unlimited Relief Walks.
- Treat Time with Doggie Ice Cream Sundaes: Includes dog-safe vanilla soft serve ice cream with crunchy biscuit toppings for pets to cool down on hot summer days.
- Easy Add-Ons: Let pet parents customize their stay with playtime, snacks and salon services.
- Easy Booking Options: Book your pet’s stay by phone, online or through the PetSmart app.
PetSmart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. Every day with every connection, PetSmart’s passionate associates help bring pet parents closer to their pets so they, together, can live more fulfilled lives. This vision impacts everything we do for our customers, the way we support our associates and how we give back to our communities. We employ approximately 55,000 associates, operate more than 1,500 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as more than 200 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and products, as well as pet-focused services such as dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart® Doggie Day Camp® and pet adoption. PetSmart, together with non-profits PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities™ of Canada, invite more than 3,000 animal welfare organizations to bring adoptable pets into stores so they have the best chance possible of finding a forever home. Through this in-store adoption program and other signature events, PetSmart has facilitated more than 7.4 million adoptions – more than any other brick-and-mortar organization. The company’s portfolio of digital resources for pet parents includes PetSmart.com, PetFoodDirect.com, OnlyNaturalPet.com, Pet360.com, petMD.com, Pawculture.com, AllPaws, an online pet adoption platform that helps potential pet parents find the perfect pet to adopt based on their home, family and lifestyle, as well as BlogPaws, the world’s first pet blogger and influencer network. Through these digital platforms, PetSmart offers the most comprehensive online pet supplies and pet care information in the U.S. In celebration of its 30th anniversary, PetSmart launched its Buy a Bag, Give a Meal™ program in March 2017. For every bag of cat or dog food purchased March 1 – Dec. 31, 2017, PetSmart will donate a meal to pets in need and expects to donate more than 60 million meals in 2017*.
*Ends 12/31/17. 5 oz. dog food, 1.5 oz. cat food donated to PetSmart Charities to feed dogs and cats in need. See details at petsmart.com/giveameal. The actual number of meals donated is based on dog and cat food bags sold. The meal donation estimate is based on historic sales for similar time periods. No guaranteed amount. Rescue Bank and Feeding America will help distribute a large portion of the pet food donation in the U.S.