AMITYVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Infinity Drain, a leading architectural and decorative drain manufacturer, today announces a new partnership with USG Corporation (NYSE:USG), and unveils the USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Shower System. This completely waterproofed, linear drain shower system is easier and faster to install than traditional shower construction. Together, the USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Shower System pairs high-performance USG Durock™ Brand Shower System components with decorative linear drains from Infinity Drain. This innovative system offers architects, designers and contractors one complete waterproof shower installation made easy.
“USG brings expertise in delivering innovative solutions, which complement our drain offerings. This partnership is a natural fit,” said Jonathan Brill, President, Infinity Drain. “It’s an industry bench mark for installation that will allow professionals to install our products quickly, easily and confidently.”
“Our partnership with Infinity Drain is a testament to USG’s commitment to delivering products that help our customers build faster, smarter and with peace of mind,” said Scott Crandall, Senior Manager, North American sales and product development, USG. “This new addition to the USG portfolio allows for a one-stop solution—architects, designers and contractors can turn to USG for all their tile and flooring needs.”
With traditional mud bed shower construction, there are several steps needed to form a consistent pitch or perfectly flat substrate. From mixing and forming screeds to pulling the mortar, it can take up to three days to install a shower bed. The USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Shower System offers a bonded waterproofing system made for tiled shower installations that eliminates many traditional application challenges.
The USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Shower System is comprised of:
USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Linear Drain Kit
- Decorative linear grates that are available in four finishes—satin stainless, polished stainless, satin bronze and oil-rubbed bronze—with adjustable feet to match tile thickness
- Pitched channel, channel support, hair strainer and lift-out key included
- Integrated waterproofing membrane
USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Shower Floor
- For use with the USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Linear Drain Kit
- High density foam that installs more easily than conventional shower bases made of dry pack mortar
- Optimal two percent sloped design that is available in three sizes
USG Durock™ Brand UltraLight Foam Tile Backerboard (Wall)
- Strong, lightweight, waterproof and vapor retardant
- Rugged facer on extruded foam core
- Cuts easily, is dust free and fastens without washers
USG Durock™ Brand Waterproofing Membrane and Accessories
- Pliable and durable waterproofing membrane
- Minimizes build up at seams
- Resistant to tears and low permeability rating makes it ideal for wet areas, including continuous-use steam showers
The USG Durock™ Brand Infinity Drain™ Shower System will be introduced at:
- Coverings 2017, Orlando, booth 4222
- HD Expo 2017, Las Vegas, booth 5469
- ICFF 2017, New York City, booth 1967
About Infinity Drain
Since 2007, Infinity Drain has established a reputation for design-centric, premium quality decorative shower drains. With award winning designs and innovations, including the Site Sizeable™ linear drain, Infinity Drain is helping to shape barrier-free bathroom design. From hand polishing decorative grates to custom fabrication to your exacting specifications, Infinity Drain offers the broadest selection of decorative choices and installation options. Infinity Drain products are proudly fabricated in Long Island, NY, USA. For additional information, visit infinitydrain.com.
About USG Corporation
USG Corporation is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, USG serves construction markets around the world through its United States Gypsum Company and USG Interiors, LLC subsidiaries and its international subsidiaries, including its USG Boral Building Products joint venture. Its wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products provide the solutions that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. Its USG Boral Building Products joint venture is a leading plasterboard and ceilings producer across Asia, Australasia and the Middle East. For additional information, visit usg.com.