DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Display Controller Market by Type (LCD Controller, Touchscreen Controller, Multi Display, Smart Display, Graphic LCD Controller), Application (Industrial Control, Medical Equipment, Automotive), and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
Increasing adoption of advanced display technologies in mobile communication devices fueling the growth of the display controller market
The display controller market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.68% between 2016 and 2022 to reach USD 32.24 billion by 2022 from USD 17.26 billion in 2015.
Consumer electronics and mobile communication devices are the biggest application areas for display controllers. These controllers are also used in products such as TVs, laptops, media players, and smartphones, of which, smartphones have emerged as the leading product for all types of display technologies and components, including controllers.
The display controller market for automotive applications is expected to grow at the highest rate in the next five years. These ICs have applications in automotive electronics, particularly in instrument cluster displays and infotainment and navigation systems. Some of the premium automobiles are also equipped with head-up displays and a few other types of displays, each having their own specific controllers for video signal processing.
North America is expected to hold the largest size of the display controller market in the coming years, while the market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the same period. The application of display controllers is diverse in North America, particularly in the U.S. wherein these controllers are used in displays for industrial control, mobile communication, appliances, office automation, signage, and other applications. China, Japan, South Korea are some of the leading markets in APAC.
China is a major semiconductor and electronics manufacturing hub and hence, it is the largest market for display controllers in APAC. Also, a significant number of prominent companies offering various display technologies, such as Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea) and Seiko Epson Corporation (Japan), among others, are based in APAC.
- High Demand for Mobile Computation Devices with Advanced Display and Controller Technologies
- Need for Sophisticated Display Controllers in Teleconferencing Applications
- Growing Adoption of Interactive Displays in the Retail Sector for Enhanced Customer Experience
- Changing Role of Display Controllers from Generic Devices to Holistic System Controllers
- Different Operating System in Displays from Different Manufacturers and Lack of Skilled Workforce to Develop Software Programs for Multi- Touch and Multi-Display Applications
- Growth Opportunity in Automotive Applications
- Increasing Trend of Using Displays in Trade Shows and Events
- Manufacturing Controllers for a Wide Range of Display Panel Sizes and Applications Is Very Complex
- Cyviz AS
- Digital View Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Intersil Corpration
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- Novatek Microelectronics Corporation
- Raio Technology Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Solomon Systech Limited.
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/33c5lb/display