NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In keeping with its commitment to promoting body-positivity, Aerie, an intimate apparel brand for every girl, will launch its Strong, Beautiful, Me campaign in support of NEDAwareness Week, with 100% of sales of a limited edition t-shirt donated to the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA). The campaign will run in stores and online from February 16 through March 15.
A stand-out leader for change in the fashion industry, Aerie – which recently celebrated the third anniversary of its #AerieREAL campaign – has made a corporate commitment to body-positivity in its advertising and marketing materials by pledging to no longer retouch models.
"Aerie's dedication to socially-responsible campaigns is inspiring," said Claire Mysko, CEO of NEDA. "In a world where girls and women continue to struggle with negative feelings about their appearance, Aerie is creating needed change by celebrating diversity and promoting positive body image. We thank Aerie for their continued support of NEDA and their commitment to fostering strength and confidence in their customers."
“We are proud to continue our partnership with NEDA for the third year in a row,” said Jennifer Foyle, Aerie Global Brand President. “Our partnership with NEDA provides support and information to our customers and helps reduce the stigma associated with eating disorders. It also reinforces our #AerieREAL message and our commitment to empowering all women to love their REAL selves, inside and out."
The partnership includes several components:
- 100% of sales from the Limited Edition Strong, Beautiful, Me t-shirt will be donated to NEDA. The tee will be sold in Aerie stores and online at www.aerie.com from February 16 through March 15, or while supplies last.
- Five percent of all sales made in Aerie stores using an Aerie or an American Eagle Outfitters credit card will be donated to NEDA, up to $25,000.
- Aerie will increase awareness about NEDA and its work through its social media channels and at www.Aerie.com/AerieSupports, where visitors can access more information about the partnership and find links to resources on NEDA’s website.
- Stories of Impact will be shared on Aerie’s blog, showcasing firsthand accounts of courageous girls who have overcome their eating disorders.
- Aerie will continue to serve as the presenting sponsor of the charity’s ongoing national walks awareness program, NEDA Walk. Save a Life, which raises funds for advocacy and educational programs and provides support for local communities.
- Aerie’s NYC SoHo pop-up store will match the total of all purchases made on Sunday, February 26 in donations to NEDA, up to $10,000, to celebrate the launch of #NEDAwareness week.
Aerie is bras, undies, swim and more for every girl. Designed in sizes 30AA to 36DDD Aerie is committed to making bras for girls of all sizes feel good about themselves, inside and out. No supermodels. No retouching. The real you is sexy.® #AerieREAL. For more information, please visit www.aerie.com.
About the National Eating Disorders Association:
The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA), headquartered in New York City, is the leading U.S. non-profit organization supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. NEDA serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care. Each year, NEDA helps millions of people across the country find information and appropriate treatment resources through its toll-free, live helpline, its many outreach programs and website. NEDA advocates for advancements in the field and envisions a world without eating disorders. For more information, visit www.MyNEDA.org
For Treatment Referrals, Visit www.MyNEDA.org
Or Contact NEDA’s Live Helpline: 800-931-2237
Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. (EST)
Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (EST)