DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Fingerprint Scanner Market (2016 - 2021), By Sensor Type (Capacitive, Optical and Others), Application & Geography" report to their offering.
Some of the major players in the fingerprint scanners market are 3M, BioEnable, BIO-key, CROSSMATCH, DERMALOG, Fingerprint Cards AB, HID Global, SAFRAN, Synaptics, and SecuGen.
The fingerprint scanner market is charged by significant applications such as massive adoption of smartphones, rise in online payment transactions and cloud computing applications, increasing need for improving border security, favorable regulatory landscape, and increased security concerns globally. The fingerprint scanner market in terms of the consumer electronics industry is growing at a very high rate due to the increasing use of fingerprint sensors in various electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and computers. Dominant IT industry players are further pushing the growth of fingerprint scanner industry fast forward. Companies are focusing on enhancing their existing technology and introducing new innovative products that can provide users with low cost and reliable fingerprint scanner solutions.
Another emerging trend in the market is single sign on; this property helps the users to log on to the computer with the touch of a finger, instead of typing password and/or login ID every time. Two factor identification, contactless fingerprint scanners, fingerprint voting systems, and other security measures are the leading trends in the fingerprint scanner market currently. It provides appropriate security solutions for eliminating passwords, patterns, and PIN codes. Additionally, it helps in reduction of threats related to hacking, stealing, and misuse of user data.
However, due to cultural barriers, there are limitations in implementing fingerprint scanner in few countries across the globe. This can be considered as one of the major factors responsible for decline in fingerprint scanner market growth. The major restraints for the fingerprint scanner market growth are the lack of standardization in the process of development and implementation.
- Rapid Growth In Smartphones Market
- Growing Security Requirement In Banking Sector
- Growing Need For Security Measures In Government And Law Enforcement
- Lack Of Standardization
- High Cost Of Fingerprint Scanners Used For Government And Law Enforcement
- Integration With Other Technology
- Fingerprint Scanners Make Single Sign-On More Secured
- Increasing Demand In Emerging Countries
- Rise Of Contactless Sensing Technology In Fingerprint Scanners
- Multi Mode Authentication
- Integration Of Fingerprint Scanner To Secure Internet Of Things
- 3D Fingerprint Scanner
Value Chain Analysis
- Anviz Global
- Bioenable Technologies PVT Ltd.
- Dermalog Identification Systems Gmbh.
- Fingerprint Cards AB (Publ).
- Green BIT S.P.A.
- HID Global Corporation/Assa Abloy Ab.
- M2Sys Technology
- Nec Corporation
- Precise Biometrics AB
- Secugen Corporation
- Zkteco Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f5bd4k/fingerprint