HYDERABAD, India--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Laurus Labs Ltd. (Laurus), a leading research and development driven pharmaceutical company in India announces its 9M & Q3 FY17 results.
9M FY17 results:
- Total Revenue grew by 9.7% to Rs.14,459 mn from Rs.13,179 mn
- EBITDA increased by 23.1% to Rs.3,199 mn versus Rs.2,598 mn
- PAT higher by 40.5% to Rs.1,277 mn from Rs.909 mn
- EPS (Diluted) for the period stood at Rs.12.9 per share (not annualised)
Q3 FY17 results:
- Total Revenue grew by 12.3% to Rs.5,054 mn from Rs.4,501 mn
- EBITDA increased by 9.4% to Rs.1,115 mn versus Rs.1,019 mn
- PAT higher by 17.5% to Rs.472 mn from Rs.402 mn
- EPS (Diluted) for the period stood at Rs.4.7 per share (not annualised)
Business Highlights – 9M FY17:
- Prepayment of long term loans of Rs.2,263 million from IPO proceeds, Rs.585 million spent on general corporate purposes after meeting IPO expenses of Rs.150 million.
- Capex investments in first nine months Rs.2,584 million.
- R & D opex investments Rs.773 million and 5.3% as percentage of sales during Apr – Dec, 2016
- In partnership with Laurus, Natco has launched Velpatasivir (Hep-C) product in Nepal and is geared up for launch in India upon approval.
- As on Dec 2016, the Company has filed 202 patent applications and 37 patents granted.
- Expansion of R & D centre at Hyderabad completed.
- As on date filed 2 ANDAs and in addition completed 4 product validations.
- Capacity expansion of 5 billion tablets is expected to complete by end Mar 17.
- US FDA and WHO inspection scheduled during March 2017 for Unit 2.
- FDF opex investments are Rs.821 million which includes Rs.253 million relating to the R& D during Apr – Dec, 2016
- Unit 5 (dedicated manufacturing facility for Aspen) is inaugurated and is operational in Nov ‘16
- Laurus signed manufacturing and supply agreement for Oncology NCE for clinical phase and commercial supplies
- Dr. Satyanarayana Chava nominated as one of the members of US pharmacopeia Board of Trustees (BoT)
- Laurus Labs received Pharmaexcil patent Silver Award for the contribution in the category of Bulk Drugs /APIs to India’s Pharmaceutical Exports during the year 2015-16
For more information about us, please visit http://www.lauruslabs.com.