SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Love reigns at Amazon.com as the company today released its annual list of Top 20 Most Romantic Cities.
The list is determined by a compilation of sales data from cities with more than 100,000 residents on a per capita basis and includes purchases of romance novels and relationship books (both Kindle and print); romantic comedy movies (DVDs and digital); a curated list of romantic music, including artists like Adele, John Legend, Ed Sheeran, Drake, Brad Paisley and Barry White (CDs and MP3 format); as well as the sales of sexual wellness products.
The Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the U.S. are:
|1. San Antonio, Texas||11. Columbia, S.C.|
|2. Miami, Fla.||12. Vancouver, Wash.|
|3. Alexandria, Va.||13. Gainesville, Fla.|
|4. Orlando, Fla.||14. Seattle, Wash.|
|5. Salt Lake City, Utah||15. Scottsdale, Ariz.|
|6. Knoxville, Tenn.||16. Tampa, Fla.|
|7. Cincinnati, Ohio||17. Las Vegas, Nev.|
|8. Pittsburgh, Pa.||18. Portland, Ore.|
|9. Atlanta, Ga.||19. Round Rock, Texas|
|10. Ann Arbor, Mich.||20. Rochester, N.Y.|
Some of the interesting findings in Amazon’s romantic data revealed that:
- Lovers in Seattle and Atlanta set the mood without delay, ordering more Romance novels using Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery than any other city on the list. Top Romance titles included “First Comes Love” by Emily Giffin, “The Rosie Project” by Graeme Simsion and “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes.
- Kindle Unlimited members fell in love with love, reading tens of millions of romance books in the last year, including “Everything We Keep” by Kerry Lonsdale, “Worth the Wait” by Jamie Beck and “Doing It Over” by Catherine Bybee.
- Customers enjoyed binge-watching romantic films and TV series on Prime Video last year. The Amazon Original series “Catastrophe,” “Mozart in the Jungle” and “Doctor Thorne,” as well as movies like “Age of Adaline” and “Equals” were among the most streamed romantic titles.
- Chicago, Houston, New York, San Diego and Seattle stoked the fire of love all year long by streaming the most love songs from Amazon Music.
- From Fleetwood Mac to the Rolling Stones, customers shook it all night long by streaming Classic Rock Love Songs more than any other romantic playlist.
- Amazon Alexa customers got sentimental – some of the most requested love songs on Alexa included “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran, “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston and “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash.
- Customers upped their romance game and ordered flowers and chocolate truffles via Alexa.
- Temperatures are rising in Florida as four cities made the Top 20 list.
Whether looking to turn up the heat this Valentine’s Day or simply celebrate friendship, customers can find the perfect gift at amazon.com/valentinesday, browse the Amazon Books Editors’ curated collection of love stories at amazon.com/best-romance, catch select Amazon Video romance titles on sale starting today at amazon.com/romanticmovies and enjoy the twin Amazon Music Original playlists, Love Me (for the lovers) and Love Me Not (for the haters), beginning February 3 on Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.