SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Docker today announced the agenda for DockerCon 2017, scheduled for April 17 through 20, 2017 at Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas. DockerCon is expected to draw more than 5,000 contributors, developers, architects, sysadmins, hackers and partners from all over the world and will feature more than 50 unique breakout sessions from Docker, its partners, users and customers. Attendees will have the option to attend sessions tailored to their level of knowledge and interest ranging from an introductory tutorial on Docker to Black Belt sessions for advanced Docker users.
Docker has confirmed a preliminary list of speakers including:
- Laura Frank - Codeship
- Arun Gupta - Couchbase
- Liz Rice - Microscaling Systems
- Brendan Gregg - Netflix
- Thomas Graf - Noiro Networks
- Justin Cappos - NYU
- Julius Volz- Prometheus
- Fabiane Nardon - TailTarget
The Call for Papers is still open and potential speakers are welcome to submit their talks.
|Docker, Inc., users, customers and ecosystem partners|
|April 17-20, 2017|
Register and view the speaker lineup here: 2017.dockercon.com
The conference will feature discussions on a wide range of topics led by experts from Docker and the Docker community across all industries. Due to popular demand, Docker has added a third day that gives attendees the opportunity to attend encore performances of top-rated sessions and participate in a Mentor’s Summit, which enables them to expand their knowledge of Docker and participation in Docker projects. The sessions will be divided into five different tracks:
- Using Docker: This track is for everyone who’s getting started with Docker or wants to better implement Docker in their workflow. Whether you’re a .NET, Java or NodeJS developer looking to modernize your applications, or an IT Pro who wants to learn about Docker orchestration and application troubleshooting, this track will have specific sessions for you to get up to speed with Docker.
- Docker Deep Dive: This track focuses on the technical details associated with the different components of the Docker platform: advanced orchestration, networking, security, storage, management and plug-ins. Docker engineering leads will walk you through the best way to build, ship and run distributed applications with Docker as well as give you a hint as to what’s on their roadmaps.
- Black Belt: Black Belt talks are deeply technical sessions presented by Docker experts. Attendees of this track are looking for advanced technical deep dives. These sessions are code and demo heavy and light on the slides. From container internals to advanced container orchestration, security and networking, this track should delight most of the container connoisseurs in the room.
- Use Cases: Use case talks are about practical applications of Docker. Attendees are looking for lessons learned and reference architectures from companies which have a lot of experience running Docker in production. Use case sessions are heavy on technical detail and implementation advice.
- Ecosystem: Docker’s partners take the helm to discuss how partners help strengthen and expand the Docker ecosystem. Attendees will learn what is required to manage, monitor and secure Docker containers in production and have an opportunity to check out some of the winning hacks from Docker’s Annual Hack Day.
Early bird pricing is still available through January 14. To take advantage of early discounts, register now.
- DockerCon Website: (2017.dockercon.com/)
- DockerCon news on Company Blog: (http://blog.docker.com/tag/dockercon/)
- DockerCon on Twitter: @dockercon (https://twitter.com/dockercon)
- Company Blog: (http://blog.docker.com/)
- Company Twitter: @docker (https://twitter.com/docker)
- GitHub: (https://github.com/docker/docker)
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform, and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 8 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify.