DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials Market Research Report - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast" report to their offering.
Low smoke halogen-free also known as low smoke zero halogen (LSZH) is a distinctive material utilized for cable sheath in the wire & cable industry. This sheath is composed of thermoplastic urethane compounds, which emit no halogens or limited smoke when exposed to high sources of heat.
Halogens are highly reactive elements, which are hazardous to human, and animals. It comprise of elements like fluorine, chlorine, bromine, and iodine. Predominantly, cables are insulated with PVC or polyethylene, which contains high amounts of halogen. When exposed to flame, this halogen enclosing plastic materials discharge hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride or others, which are poisonous gases. These gases produce toxic smokes that are hazardous to health. But during combustion, LSZH cables limit the emission of toxic and corrosive gases.
Low smoke halogen-free cable materials is superlative for applications at public spaces where several people are confined like hospitals, commercial buildings, train and train stations, subway cars and stations airports, boats, etc. Although, these cables are more high-priced than PVC, they offer safety that goes beyond the acquisition costs. Advantageously, it has a lower coefficient of friction.
Some leading companies of this market are Alpha Gary, DuPont, The Dow Chemicals, Hitachi-cable, BASF SE, Fujikura, SUMITOMO, Bayer AG, ECC, Borealis, ExxonMobil Corp., Shell Chemicals, Dewei Advanced Materials, CGN-DELTA Advanced Nuclear Materials, Shanghai Kaibo, Yadong Special Cable Material, and Zhonglian Photoelectric.
Segmentations in Report:
Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials By Insulation Materials:
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane
Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials By Application:
- Rail Cars
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to the Low Smoke Halogen-Free (LSHF) Cable Materials Market
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Analysis Of Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials
4. Global Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials Market Analysis By Insulation Materials
5. Global Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials Market Analysis By Application
6. Global Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials Market Analysis By Region
7. Competitive Landscape of the Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials Companies
8. Company Profiles of Low Smoke Halogen-Free Cable Materials Industry
- Basf SE
- Bayer AG
- Borealis AG
- Cgn-Delta Advanced Nuclear Materials
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Electric Cable Compounds Inc.
- Exxonmobil Corp.
- Fujikura Ltd.
- Hitachi-Cable Ltd.
- Jiangsu Dewei Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Mexichem Specialty Compounds
- Nabaltec AG
- Shanghai Kaibo Compounds Co., Ltd.
- Shell Chemical LP
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Yadong Special Cable Material Factory
- Zhonglian Photoelectric New Material Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ctw3lc/global_low_smoke