DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Medium- and Heavy-Duty Truck Steering System Market in North America, 2015-2022" report to their offering.
The commercial vehicle market has a traditional business model that has resisted change for many years. However, technological advances such as advanced/active steering systems are changing market dynamics and increasing the cost of new trucks.
Fleet managers have emphasized that they are not particularly concerned with or considering the installation of an advanced steering system in their trucks regardless of the benefits in the short to medium term. Many fleet managers are price sensitive and wary of the premium cost of any optional advanced technologies that cannot significantly improve their total cost of ownership.
Steering systems also are a very low priority for almost all truck manufacturers in North America. All participants estimated that only towards the end of the decade would advances in steering systems be considered.
The objectives of this study are:
- To provide a market and strategic overview of the North American medium- and heavy-duty truck (Class 4-8) steering space, including analysis of key market trends and penetration
- To provide market size and forecasts by steering system type
- To understand the competitive structure and fleet preferences
- To analyze competitive factors, competitor strategies, and product portfolios and capabilities
- To develop an actionable set of recommendations for original equipment manufacturers and suppliers
The study will answer several key questions:
- What is the current business and legislative environment in the commercial vehicle market?
- Who are the leading steering suppliers in North America?
- What are the top Tier I acquisitions in the steering space?
- How do OEM steering solutions compare with Tier I solutions, and what are their impact on autonomous driving?
The study examines hydraulic, electro-hydraulic, and electric power steering. It presents market drivers and challenges for the 2016-2022 forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Definitions and Segmentation
- External Challenges-Drivers and Restraints: Total MD/HD Truck Steering System Market
- Forthcoming Legislation and Impacts
- Steering Systems and Their Influence on Automation
- MD/HD Truck Steering System Market Overview
- Supplier Competitive Landscape
- Supplier Profiles
- Conclusions and Future Outlook
- ZF TRW
- RH Sheppard
- Bosch Steering Systems
- Knorr Bremse (Bendix)/tedrive Steering
- Nexteer Steering
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/npsht7/medium_and