LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--UAV Commercial Expo — Delair-Tech, a world leader in professional fixed wing UAVs, and microdrones, the groundbreaking developer and manufacturer of industrial-grade multicopters, have signed a revolutionary partnership agreement. Following the recent acquisition of Gatewing by Delair-Tech, this new agreement formally establishes an industrial UAV collaboration that is the first of its kind – and is now one of the biggest players on the professional UAV scene.
Through the partnership, Delair-Tech and microdrones will innovate the second generation of commercial UAVs.
Delair-Tech and microdrones to deliver comprehensive line of industrial UAVs
Delair-Tech and microdrones will work together to develop innovative solutions to meet customers’ needs, drawing on the key strengths of each company:
- Delair-Tech has established the gold standard of long endurance BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line of Sight) UAVs, as well as aerial data processing and analysis
- Gatewing, Delair-Tech’s new subsidiary, is famous for pioneering "photogrammetry through UAVs"
- microdrones was the first designer and manufacturer of industrial-grade multicopters and is currently an industry-leading developer of UAV solutions for surveying, mapping, inspection, precision agriculture, and research
Delair-Tech and microdrones will propose an extensive range of products, including rotary and fixed wing vehicles. The objective is to create a professional line of UAVs, from a single provider, that can fulfill all commercial UAV needs across a wide range of industries.
Both companies will administer the selling of these new drones through their combined distribution networks.
“On the heels of our Gatewing acquisition, Delair-Tech is proud to establish this strong collaborative with microdrones that will serve clients’ needs with a complete range of UAVs. With this partnership, Delair-Tech defines its direction for the future: to offer complete solutions that perfectly meet the needs of specific industries like energy, transport, agriculture, construction, and security,” said Michael de Lagarde, co-founder and CEO of Delair-Tech.
New commercial UAV collaborative will provide improved performance and price
Through combined production facilities and collaborative research and development, Delair-Tech and microdrones will immediately begin enhancing their range of products to be more efficient, reliable, and economical. These initiatives will ultimately reduce purchase costs for customers.
As part of this new partnership, the companies have collaboratively developed a product roadmap that includes plans for:
- Intelligent grouping of payloads and sensors
- Development of a common ground control station (software and hardware) that will be able to control the entire range of products
- Implementing BVLOS capabilities to multirotor UAVs
“This partnership is an exciting first step. By combining our production, research, and development efforts we will be able to deliver the highest quality solutions and services to the end customer,” said Sven Juerss, CEO of microdrones.