TEMPLE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--McLane Company, Inc., a leading supply chain services company providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions, today announced its continued investment in analytics and performance tracking tools with the rollout of McLane Link. As an online portal solution, McLane Link provides retailers access to key performance and operational data including the ability to see order and delivery data by store and by item. Additionally, McLane Link improves operational efficiencies by providing a powerful yet simple web-based guide that gives retailers quick access to key metrics. Retailers can customize reports and resolve issues without ever needing to call their McLane representative. Reports can be viewed online or exported to Excel or PDF files. A robust scheduling feature allows each customized report to be emailed directly to the customer or any number of other company employees.
McLane Link features include:
- Service-Level Reporting: A detailed status report for all orders placed, received and en-route including the fill rate of each item as well as an overall service percentage.
- Delivery Reporting: A performance view of current and past delivery arrival times. A calendar feature allows for the review of delivery detail on a weekly, monthly or several month basis.
- Delivery Scheduling: A comprehensive directory of key account information for all retailer locations including billing cycle and mailing address. Retailers can view reroutes, load days and other scheduling information pertinent to each store location.
- Credits: An account of all credits issued by delivery drivers searchable by date range. Filtering can be applied to review specific locations, amounts or geographic details.
- Planograms: Corporate and store-level access to the latest planograms created from McLane’s Center for Category Innovation (CCI). Retailers are able to include their own store-level planograms and upload them directly into the McLane Link portal.
- Slice and Dice Report with Conditional Alerts: Each field can be reordered, removed or have column-level filtering, enhancing the user experience. Alerts can be added to notify retailers when specific conditions or thresholds have occurred.
Currently four retailers have rolled out the solution and another 10 are scheduled to be in production by the end of November. According to McLane VP of Customer Technology Deon Johnson, the intuitive nature of the portal makes learning fast and easy — 10-15 minutes on average. McLane Link is customized to match the look and feel of each customer’s branding strategy for a familiar user experience. Additional features requested by customers will be rolled out over the coming months. Johnson added the portal is part of McLane’s current initiative to provide customers with data and performance analytics tools that save time, increase efficiencies and boost profits.
“With McLane Link, our retailers can quickly locate the exact information they are looking for and customize a report specific to what is needed,” said Johnson. “It's exactly what our customers have asked for and just what they need, when they need it — a fast, simple and easy way to drive their business forward.”
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.