SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Pearl Automation Inc. (Pearl), the company bringing the latest technologies to every vehicle on the road today, announces RearVision is now shipping to customers. The company is also launching new partnerships with Amazon and Crutchfield. Pearl RearVision is available on pearlauto.com and will be available for purchase through both retailers this holiday season.
RearVision, the first product from Pearl, provides super-wide, controllable and customizable views of what’s behind your car - even at night - with audible and visual alerts warning you of obstacles in your path. It displays real-time video on your phone and the system updates automatically to deliver ongoing feature enhancements. A thoughtfully-designed Phone Mount is included with RearVision to create a hands-free experience.
“Cars last longer than ever but are quickly left behind by the rapid pace of new technology,” said Bryson Gardner, co-founder and CEO of Pearl. “Crucial safety features, such as backup cameras, are just too important to limit to new cars. RearVision is our first step in providing consumers access to the latest car technology.”
- Installs in Minutes — Install the theft-resistant Camera Frame around your license plate. Plug the Car Adapter into your OBD port. Then mount your phone, turning it into your rearview screen with the Pearl App.
- Automatic Updates — Pearl RearVision is the one backup camera and alert system that will never be outdated. The Pearl App updates just like other apps on your phone, with new features and enhancements delivered automatically.
- Dual HD Cameras – Advanced dual HD cameras deliver super-wide views of what’s behind your car, and Night Mode provides stunning clarity in low-light situations.
- Intelligent Alerts – Audible and visual alerts warn you when objects, cars and people are in your path. It includes a range of alerts, from simple ripple at further distances to a firmer warning when an obstacle is close by.
- Hands-Free - Dock your phone in portrait or landscape on the versatile Pearl Phone Mount. Included as part of the RearVision platform, the Phone Mount will also be sold separately at pearlauto.com.
Pricing and Availability
Pearl RearVision is available for purchase today on pearlauto.com and, beginning this holiday season, on Amazon and Crutchfield. Pearl RearVision retails for $499.99.
RearVision will be on display at SEMA Show, the automotive specialty products trade event, November 1-4, 2016 in Las Vegas, booth number 52416.
Pearl was founded on the belief that all drivers should have access to the latest car features. The company is advancing the underlying technologies in the autonomous vehicle to improve the experience for every driver on the road today. Its first product, RearVision, is the only wireless backup camera and alert system — it installs in minutes, provides obstacle alerts and updates automatically to deliver ongoing feature enhancements. Created by former leaders in Apple’s iPod and iPhone teams and inspired by the world-changing products they helped produce, Pearl is dedicated to improving the more than 1.2 billion cars on the road today. Pearl is privately funded by Accel, Shasta Ventures, Venrock and Wellcome Trust. For more information, visit www.pearlauto.com.
Pearl and the Pearl logo are trademarks of Pearl Automation Inc. © 2016 Pearl Automation Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.