REDLANDS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Esri, the world’s leading mapping platform company, continues to foster industry innovation and development of novel approaches to the world’s most difficult challenges. The company’s unique Startup Program enables the most promising emerging businesses to incorporate location analytics into their services and solutions. By providing access to Esri’s flagship ArcGIS platform at no cost, selected startups can leverage new dimensions of data and visualization capabilities to create breakthrough advancements and deliver truly innovative products to market that address everything from public safety to disaster response, legislation to weather impacts on energy sources.
Created by Esri in 2012 to offer tools and support to help startups succeed, the free, three year program provides online services, software, support, and training to kick-start product development. Companies founded less than three years ago that build software or platform-as-a-service products and currently generate less than $1 million annually may be eligible to participate in the Esri Startup Program. Hundreds of startups from around the globe are enrolled.
Featured companies include:
- Mapillary: By developing a platform which empowers anyone to create their own street-level imagery using devices they already own, Mapillary is harnessing the power of crowdsourcing photos. In partnership with Esri, this company is pioneering new approaches to dynamic map development for urban planning, transportation safety, disaster response, and conservation especially for areas of the world which are virtually unmapped.
- Echosec: Echosec’s location-first search platform puts social media on the map – literally. By harnessing real-time knowledge gathered from publicly available social media posts, this startup is providing public safety, security, journalism and intelligence professionals with a way to gather intelligence on a situation as it happens, in the shortest amount of time.
- Snaptrends: The company’s social media monitoring software empowers organizations to visualize social conversations by capturing and analyzing social media content in any specified geographic location automatically. With a wide range of data analysis features to help users analyze and understand the collected insights, Snaptrends makes finding data that matters easy.
- DataCapable: This startup helps energy companies put social media data to work for customer service, outage management, and storm impact prediction. By integrating data from social feeds – including images and video – the company mines, maps, and analyzes data in real-time allowing utilities to interpret customer engagement and get a dependable, operational view of the grid.
- Quorum: In conjunction with Esri’s ArcGIS platform, Quorum has developed the world’s most comprehensive database of legislative information. By establishing a centralized location for all legislative information, Quorum helps users make sense of the data, use it to identify legislators whose constituents might be most affected by a particular policy, and demonstrate their impact to lawmakers.
- Vricon: Vricon is working to make high resolution, accurate 3D data available at global scale. Unlike traditional solutions that produce cumbersome datasets, Vricon's automated image processing technology, coupled with the world's largest archive of high-resolution commercial satellite imagery, delivers 3D production that is fast and scalable.
Esri Startup Program members also gain access to Esri’s global community of over 350,000 clients and more than 3,500 Esri employees and each member joins as an emerging partner in the Esri Partner Network (EPN) which consists of more than 2,000 partners worldwide. In addition, the program includes opportunities for co-marketing and networking with industry experts at events such as the upcoming Esri User Conference.
For more information or to apply to be a member of the Esri Startup Program please visit www.esri.com/startups.
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS technology, Esri software is used in more than 350,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world's mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at esri.com/news.
Copyright © 2016 Esri. All rights reserved. Esri, the Esri globe logo, GIS by Esri, ArcGIS, esri.com, and @esri.com are trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products or services mentioned herein may be trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of their respective mark owners.