DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Australian Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Australian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Australia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Australian insurance industry is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority and the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in Australia.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Australian insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Australia.
- Insurance premium tax is not imposed; instead stamp duty is enforced and regulated by each individual state.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cfftmd/governance_risk