BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced the general availability of aspenONE® Engineering and aspenONE® Manufacturing and Supply Chain Version 9 software. The latest release gives firms in the Oil, Gas, Refining, Chemicals, Engineering & Construction and other process industries the integrated, streamlined workflows that help them save millions of dollars.
Innovations in the aspenONE V9 release help push the limits of asset performance, empowering users to design and troubleshoot with confidence, improve reliability by enabling greater insights into process constraints, on-board new users faster and make process safety consistent and continuous throughout the entire asset lifecycle. AspenTech’s latest software release continues to provide a holistic foundation for operational excellence by giving manufacturers:
Improved analysis capabilities. Insight into key processes enables better, faster and more profitable problem solving.
- Distillation columns are notoriously hard to operate optimally, resulting in losses in product and quality, and increased OPEX. With the new Column Analysis technology in Aspen HYSYS® and Aspen Plus®, engineers can readily analyze hydraulic performance and test operating parameters, resulting in up to 20 percent improvements in energy savings, and millions of potential dollars in improved product quality and throughput.
- In an emergency, lives and billions of dollars’ worth of assets are at stake. Over 400 projects have used industry-leading BLOWDOWN™ Technology, now part of Aspen HYSYS, to save significant CAPEX on oil, gas and LNG projects.
Better model-based decision support. Consistent, rigorous models drive process improvements that improve margins and reduce capital and operating costs.
- Improved integration and workflow in the new aspenONE refinery planning model update enables process engineers to update planning models, so planners can increase profit with easy, accurate refinery-wide profit margin analysis – by as much as 10 percent, or $20 million annually per refinery site.
- Sulsim™ Sulfur Recovery in Aspen HYSYS ensures compliance with environmental regulations, reduces costs, and meets product specifications under changing feed and operating conditions, while simultaneously debottlenecking the gas plant.
- The latest Custom Modeling innovations enable process engineers to simplify the incorporation of custom models into Aspen Plus, reducing time-to-market for specialty chemicals producers by speeding up modeling of key processes.
- Schlumberger and AspenTech have collaborated to provide the latest link between OLGA software and Aspen HYSYS, expanding asset-wide modeling to maximize production without compromising safety in the upstream. In addition, new mercury partitioning capabilities in Aspen HYSYS track and reduce hazardous contaminants, increasing equipment reliability and lowering maintenance costs.
Streamlined APC application workflows with an intuitive, ribbon based user interface. The aspenONE Manufacturing and Supply Chain V9 updates include the new Aspen DMC3 Builder that can increase efficiency up to 30 percent by building and deploying all AspenTech APC controllers from start to finish on one intuitive tool. The workflow oriented design builds controllers faster and enables more engineers, preserving process knowledge and increasing APC project efficiency.
Extension of scheduling beyond the refinery gate. Meeting fuel demand while minimizing costs and maximizing margins is made possible with the ability to evaluate and optimize supply chain tradeoffs. The new Map Monitor in Aspen Fleet Optimizer (AFO) improves scheduler visualization with an interactive web-based mapping application, providing real-time, accurate information that streamlines fuel distribution.
The V9 release of aspenONE Engineering and Manufacturing & Supply Chain software is available immediately. Customers on the aspenONE Licensing Model can upgrade to the new version for no additional cost. For more information, visit http://www.aspentech.com/V9-Release.
Josh Fredberg, Senior Vice President, Products & Marketing, AspenTech
“The aspenONE V9 software release is a continuation of AspenTech’s commitment to transform process manufacturing with innovative technology that drives the highest possible returns across the entire asset lifecycle. We are pleased to deliver the latest release of the integrated aspenONE software system that enables sustainable operational excellence to drive profitable outcomes.”
Benito Caamaňo Nieves, Technologist, Repsol Technology Center
“We have used the Acid Gas Cleaning and Column Analysis technology in Aspen HYSYS V9 to optimize acid gas treating process specifications and costs in our units, while simultaneously evaluating the impact of process changes on column hydraulics. Repsol intends to introduce the hydraulic plots now available in the latest version of aspenONE Engineering into our standard amine reports as a best practice for monitoring and improving the performance of columns.”
Harendra Singh, Engineering Manager, NPCC
“The new BLOWDOWN functionality within Aspen HYSYS offers a one stop solution for facilities blowdown and minimum temperature studies. It's a step in the right direction from conventional depressuring utility as it uses the industry benchmark Imperial College correlations for estimation of minimum metal temperatures. Many new features, including the ability to model detailed system geometry, are added and the workflow is very user-friendly. Overall, it should enhance the efficiency of Process Engineers.”
- aspenONE V9 Software
- aspenONE Engineering
- Aspen Plus
- Aspen HYSYS
- aspenONE Petroleum Supply Chain
- Aspen Fleet Optimizer
- Aspen DMC3
- Aspen DMC3 Builder
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – for energy, chemicals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world’s leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2016 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the Aspen leaf logo, and OPTIMIZE are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.